Help Pulling Transfer Case from Transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For the life of me I can not figure out how to pull the tcase off the tale end of the transmission. I have undone all the bolts. It comes off a little bit, but no joy.

I have undone the shifter per one write up I found , but that did not work.

In the picture you can see a little cyclinder like dowel that goes from the shifter to the tcase. This is what I believe is hanging it up. I cannot get it to disengage.

tcase.jpg

Hard to see but it looks like the shift dowel passes through the transfer case and goes all the way up into the rear of the transmission? Can you get under that roll pin with a magnet? I'd try punching that roll pin out (catch it with a magnet) and see if that doesn't solve it.

I linked the pdf to the overhaul, including removal. You have to remove that pin.

Thanks Dan, you are a life saver.

You can probably guess why I am pulling it. I have the dreaded actuator leak. I am a little disappointed in Toyota over this issue. I never had an issue like this with my 80's or my 100 series. Then again the HG is an issue on 80s.

It actually isnt that bad considering it is a once every 120k+ issue. But I agree, it is a sort of "GX curse" like the PHH or HG on an 80.

Dumb question for you Dan, did you pull the trans and tcase as a unit and then separate them, or did you just pull the tcase off the rear tale of the trans?

The book says to pull it all but it can be spilt. The plugs on top make it a bear (which are are experiencing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom