Help needed with Warn M12000 winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found a great deal on a two year old Warn M12000 winch, the only problem is that it came off of a Ram Power Wagon. The guy I bought it off of was in an accident and the winch only got cosmetic damage on it and they bought him a new one.

He kept the harness that the Warn remote plugs into. The other end of this harness plugs into what looks like a Dodge proprietary 5-pin square plug. It has fire wires coming out of them. I tried looking for this missing harness to get this winch going. It's all I need to plug in the remote controller to activate the winch.

My question is does anyone know if I could remove this proprietary plug and buy a Warn 5-pin plug and connect it to where this Dodge plug connects to? I will post pictures of the proprietary plug and the wiring harness (missing)that the remote plugs into.

TIA

The wire harness circled in purple is the one that's missing. One end plugs into the remote controller and the other plugs into the square, grey 5 pin connector
Screenshot_2017-07-17-17-14-38-1.jpg

square 5 pin connector
20170714_210103.jpg

Disregard. Found a solution. Now to mount this beast!

I found a great deal on a two year old Warn M12000 winch, the only problem is that it came off of a Ram Power Wagon. The guy I bought it off of was in an accident and the winch only got cosmetic damage on it and they bought him a new one.

He kept the harness that the Warn remote plugs into. The other end of this harness plugs into what looks like a Dodge proprietary 5-pin square plug. It has fire wires coming out of them. I tried looking for this missing harness to get this winch going. It's all I need to plug in the remote controller to activate the winch.

My question is does anyone know if I could remove this proprietary plug and buy a Warn 5-pin plug and connect it to where this Dodge plug connects to? I will post pictures of the proprietary plug and the wiring harness (missing)that the remote plugs into.

TIA

The wire harness circled in purple is the one that's missing. One end plugs into the remote controller and the other plugs into the square, grey 5 pin connector
View attachment 1498895

square 5 pin connector

Can you post up a picture of the 5 pin configuration? I had to order sn adapter from RAM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom