Help needed re seam sealing. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all.
I'm seam sealing my tub before painting and wondering if this is a drain hole or should it be sealed?
There are one of these vents on either side ( left and right )of the floor pan front door striker end.
Cheers
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410913516.373986.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410913536.654824.jpg

...via IH8MUD app

You can still get the rubber grommets that go in those holes from Toyota. $3 or $4 each if I recall.

Are you talking about the little notch where the inner rocker runs along the floor. I would guess that's like a built in drain spot from factory. I am in process of redoing my rockers and my plan was to spray the Eastwood internal frame coating inside the rocker through one of the removable plug holes then seam seal around it making it sealed off, just to make certain I have done what I could to keep moisture from getting back in as much as I can, but if I remember they might be exposed from outside the vehicle under the body, I haven't seen my 40 in a few months.
Saw it on a thread on this site where someone did the same and made me think I need to do kore that's spray paint to protect. If I find it I'll post up .

Hi all
Yes the small vents are what I'm referring to.
Next question are they for letting water out of the cab?
If were does the water go?
The underside is plugged by rubber bungs.
Cheers

...via IH8MUD app

They are for letting water out of the rocker. the water would then likely find its way out under your tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom