HELP!! Need help stabbing transmission in. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RodrigzCrzr

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello
Fellow 60 owners in SoCal area Venice, Culver city to be exact.
I need help stabbing my transmission on my 40 series. I am asking for help I am 1/2 inch away from setting it.
I could really use the muscle.
My GF tried and hurt herself.
I’m so close yet so far!
Asking the community for help!
60 owners or 40 owners.

Pictures of it lowered from the top side.
To install it, I put it on a 4 wheel wood dolly then lifted it. The leveler with the worm and chains gives alot of additional control

Screenshot_20230606_073456.jpg

Screenshot_20230606-073623_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230606-073547_Gallery.jpg

I’m willing to be a virtual high five it’s getting hung up on the input shaft bearing in the crank

SUCCESS!
@mattressking for the win!
Nathan stopped by to deliver a carb part on his way from airport.
And got in and helped me.
I just needed the second set of eyes.
We removed the rear motor mount pucks drop the rear of the engine. Wiggled it a bit and we finally hear that wonderful pop from the input shaft being hung up.
She is finally stabbed in.
Thank you so much everyone for your input and thank you @mattressking for your help.
And @IslandJ
Now to put it all together.

I will 2nd or 3rd the dowel pin as guides.

I did my own automatic to 5 speed swap back in 2018. And I worked so effing gard to get the transmission to slide all the way home. I fought it for a few days. My mentor said. Dude. Buy some bolts at the hardware store - hacksaw off the heads - shape n taper them down - grind a flat spot for a wrench to back them out after success and BAAM the kit slid right in.

The dowels sticking out 6 inches guide it far more accurately into the hole position.

FINALLY got it mated to the engine.
A mud member came to help me on Friday and he helped line it up and we dropped the rear of the engine.
still with a little struggle but we finally got it stabbed.
Thank you all for the input.

It’s a one man job. Two people will not make it easier and will likely make things worse.
The clutch alignment tool must slip easily through the clutch disc and pilot bearing with zero catching on an edge.
Sure, could be a one man job (I've done it alone many times) but it NEVER hurts to have a cheering squad, esp one that provides beers! ;o)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom