Help Me Identify This Noise? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com

When I coast, I can hear this sort of squeaky grinding, sounds like it’s coming from my wheel well. I captured this video today, and you can’t hear it great but I’m hoping someone can help me identify it….

First thought brake drag, but not sure. It is possible for the brake clips to pop up and rub against the wheel as well. It'll leave quite the mark if it's doing that.

The wind is blowing. Stop the wind.

Maybe advise what we're supposed to be hearing?

Could be exhaust leak, brakes, loose wheel, loose exhaust pipe, brake cable rattling against something.

What are the symptoms?
What recent work?
How many miles?
What year truck?
Suspension mods?
Is you wife / GF in the truck?
How much does she weigh?

check your uni joints. Sounds like one is probably running dry or on its way out
I just changed the rear one on mine at the diff. It started with a slight squeak which turned into a rattle similar to your video. Greasing only masked mine for a short while and once unbolted from the diff was very difficult to move so I put a new OEM one in and all good now

First thought brake drag, but not sure. It is possible for the brake clips to pop up and rub against the wheel as well. It'll leave quite the mark if it's doing that.
Had that recently but was only hitting one of the wheel balancing weights so didn't notice any marks on the wheel at first and wasn't contacting when wheel was removed/installed.

The wind is blowing. Stop the wind.

Maybe advise what we're supposed to be hearing?

Could be exhaust leak, brakes, loose wheel, loose exhaust pipe, brake cable rattling against something.

What are the symptoms?
What recent work?
How many miles?
What year truck?
Suspension mods?
Is you wife / GF in the truck?
How much does she weigh?

Always with the important feedback and questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom