Help - Lift issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I had a 2" ironman lift kit installed on my 2011 GX460 it looks awesome. However, the truck has been stuck in 4-lo since lifting. Lift place is stumped and need advice on what to do.

Installed:
Ironman Stage 2 Foamcell lift kit
285/65r18 nitto ridge grappler and wheels

I can't see why a 2" suspension lift would impact the drive line in any way.
Did you try disengaging the 4 lo button and backing up about 20 feet?
In the old days one would have to do that to take the strain off the "locked" components like the diff's and transfer case, then they would "unlock". I still do that from habit at the end of the day or going back onto hard pavement.

I would be running Techstream or equivalent to see if 4WD ECU had any codes. General OBD readers won’t work. You can also do switch simulation with TS to see if switch is actually sending 4L signal on the Bus.

did your lift shop open the hydraulic shutter valves for kdss when and close them when vehicle was lowered ?

So, the truck is getting repaired as I type. The lift shop accidently nicked the ABS brake line from the rear passenger wheel. With that nick it lead to an ABS error code and having the truck locking into 4-Lo.

Thank you for all of your ideas and suggestions. It helped to find the problem.

I still don't get it
ABS should not lock it to low range. It would light up all the warning light but should not lock it in low range. Something is still off.

Have you ever adjusted them? Here are 10-13 HID adjustment instructions

HIDs do dim over time too... you may want to replace bulbs.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 12.54.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 12.54.19 PM.png

So I spoke to my mechanic about exactly what happened. He said that the nicked ABS wire threw a code that the system was offline. There was a seperate code dealing with the 4-Lo that he thinks came about when the lift shop tried getting ride of the ABS code and hit the 4-lo switch and it got stuck. The ABS code would not allow the clearing of the 4-Lo code. The ABS wiring harness was replaced and the system was reset. After that reset, the 4-Lo code was able to be cleared. Mystery solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom