Help!!! Ironman fcp stage 2 install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone. Could really use some advice. I am installing the ironman fcp stage 2 lift on my 2019 gx. The front driver side was a breeze. Follwed the instructions and went in fine. The passenger side is a different story. I cant seem to fit the new strut in. The bottom wont clear the lower control arm. I tried prying it dpwn and away, but still need mpre clearance. Any advice???

Hi everyone. Could really use some advice. I am installing the ironman fcp stage 2 lift on my 2019 gx. The front driver side was a breeze. Follwed the instructions and went in fine. The passenger side is a different story. I cant seem to fit the new strut in. The bottom wont clear the lower control arm. I tried prying it dpwn and away, but still need mpre clearance. Any advice???
Was able to disconnect the front sway and slide it in, however i cant get it reconnected. For now i had to put it back as is and tackle it another day. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

20230607_200813.jpg

If you haven't already, remove the front skid plate and disconnect the bar from the KDSS brackets. When I installed my lift I disconnected the front sway bar at the KDSS brackets in the middle of the bar, loosened the LCA brackets, and could easily push the LCA's down enough to install the new shocks. When you don't have to fight KDSS it's pretty easy to get the bar mounted on the LCAs, then use a floor jack to get everything back into to position on the KDSS brackets. Just make sure the bushings are lined up and don't get squished incorrectly.

In my case, the mechanic wedged in a 2x4 to get some additional leverage on pushing that LCA down. I stood on the 2x4 while he positioned the strut in place. The ends of the KDSS sway bar remained connected to the brackets. We may have disconnected the KDSS sway bar from the fixed pin, but I can't remember exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom