HELP ! idler pulley mess. Need advice. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the glorious task of fixing all the sins of the previous owner. First up, idler pulley adjuster bolt. Any help on how to remove and replace would be appreciated. Thank you.

3E9250AB-F772-435B-B582-336BB14C7023.jpeg

What do you use as a replacement? It’s a captive nut on the end of the bolt. Should i use a crown nut and cotter pin?
Sorry two nuts. One crown or one nyloc ? And then a hex for adjustment?

It would help us help you if you told us what vehicle you have, what engine, market, etc.

90099-04338 is the replacement part based on your pictures. That’s discontinued. I would try 88446-35040 or 88446-60030.

1985 FJ75 3F MTM Petrol LHD Troopy ME

@OGBeno sent the part numbers. You can also find schematics on PartSouq. If they don't have the part, run the part number on Amayama, and it will list alternatives. All are free, public tools online.

Regarding removal, that's easy. Just zip wheel it off.

If you're really, really desperate and need to drive immediately, just get some threaded rod from Home Depot and a few nuts. But that's temporary and will bend quickly. It's not tempered the same.

You could also look on McMaster Carr for the same length bolt and have something tomorrow. Saving the idler pulley portion. That will require measuring.

@OGBeno sent the part numbers. You can also find schematics on PartSouq. If they don't have the part, run the part number on Amayama, and it will list alternatives. All are free, public tools online.

Regarding removal, that's easy. Just zip wheel it off.

If you're really, really desperate and need to drive immediately, just get some threaded rod from Home Depot and a few nuts. But that's temporary and will bend quickly. It's not tempered the same.

You could also look on McMaster Carr for the same length bolt and have something tomorrow. Saving the idler pulley portion. That will require measuring.
Thank you for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom