Help identifying 1975 blower motor wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Crinkler

SILVER Star
Threads
Please help me identifying my 1975 blower motor wiring, could someone take a picture of the connector to the blower motor. the connector is still on my vehicle harness but not on my blower. the wiring diagrams colors do not match that I have. first post in forums.... thanks

What colors do you have on the wires to the blower? What colors do you have on the harness side of the connector? Perhaps you have a blower from another year or aftermarket version. Sometimes the wires from the device, in your case the blower, are solid colors and they follow the wire stripe color.

The truck is original and I've had it 36 years. Connector on the vehicle side is gone. Ill post a pic tomorrow when I can get back to it.

Check with @ToyotaMatt or @Coolerman for the connector halves and terminals, if you are keeping it stock.

I can get a better pic tomorrow when I can get in and unplug it

20201225_195839.jpg

Please help me identifying my 1975 blower motor wiring, could someone take a picture of the connector to the blower motor. the connector is still on my vehicle harness but not on my blower. the wiring diagrams colors do not match that I have. first post in forums.... thanks
Check with @ToyotaMatt or @Coolerman for the connector halves and terminals, if you are keeping it stock.

This is what TOYOTA calls a Service Spec. Connector w / Leeds ....

that program Toyota basically died on the vine along with the word carburetor and the like back in the late 1970's

I personally hand Make In-House anything you Need or Desire regarding that 1975 Blower Motor set up , but as most have allready commented above , More then several good clear crisp close up photos from you are required to get you in hand the exact repair parts , including the proper Color coded Tracer stripes for a 1975 ,

please make sure to wipe your camera phone lens off from any finger prints or well stuff to ensure to saturation of well COLOR
in your images you be posting here tomorrow

you have 3 wires , ground , low speed and high speed

- is this a NON USA imported vehicle by chance ?

- after we concur the wire color codes , you can PM message me and i can set you up with a new YAZAKI Japan connector housing , and 3 brass same japan oem parts maker solid brass terminals and however many Centimeters , of wire you need or want

take note my example pigtail service spec. connector is just a JIG for me , to clone more ,

i would gather to say 24" inches of wire from the fender splice in harness area and that connector to the fan top blower motor resister would be more then plenty , but again PHOTOS PHOTOS .............and more good clear close ups ........

Happy to help in any way i can

matt

Last edited:
thanks to everyone reaching out to my troubles. i have three different wiring diagrams and none of them match? here are pictures from my harness and blower motor.
1227200942.jpg
1227200943.jpg
1227200943a.jpg
1227200944.jpg

What is the production date? That color code corresponds to a '74 FJ40 wiring diagram that I found (I believe from @Coolerman ). LB, LW and WB. The BW wire coming from the blower is most likely married to the WB in the harness.

Attachments

• 1974_Toyota_Land_Cruiser_FJ40.pdf
    121.3 KB · Views: 44
I notice that the picture of the blower, Pic 1, shows a WB wire going into the harness cover but the three unterminated wires, Pic 3 and Pic 4, have a BW wire. Where does that BW wire come from?

FJ was built in July of 1975, I know this is a year of many changes to many things and it has been hard over the years to figure things out correctly. the three raw wires in pic 3 and 4 are asumed the correct wires to the blower. if I had a correct wiring diagram I would be good. ordered one on ebay and have been waiting for ever for it. I have 5 diff diagrams here and none of them match. thanks for the diagram...... Ill check it out

If you would, take another picture of the blower after cleaning the dirt off of the wires so the colors are easier to see. There should be a LW, LB and WB. If that checks out then all you need is the correct connector half and terminals and match up the wires by color.

does this match up to what you have going on ?

forgot to add it to my above chatty matty ...........

if i can help let me know 🙂

DSCN5427.JPG
DSCN5428.JPG
DSCN5429.JPG
DSCN5430.JPG

i am gonna ask if this connector housing is NEW and recently replaced by you or the PO ?

it looks suspicious in my opinion .... 🤔

here is a 1980 FJ40 USA spec. FSM diagram , only one of its kind Toyota ever put out showing connectors housings and a PIN OUT chart i have ever come across ?

does this make seance

does this help ?

1502537B-84FB-481C-84BA-AA618C0CDA6A.jpeg
0FBB2DC4-9551-48E9-8093-418EBD5CE9EA.jpeg
3A899CD4-B54A-425C-AE31-005E19A78AF0.jpeg

Hell yeah, makes sense to me :cool:

Matt, wiring diagram is great! thank you, I have my harness on a large table going through it. the only black/white wire in the harness is for the starter trigger off the ignition switch. problem solved. I would like to purchase the connector with the leads. the one you have pictured is the blower side which I already have. I need the harness side connector along with the three wires and terminals. blue/black, blue/white which appear to be 14 gauge. white/black which appears to be 12 gauge. if you could make the white/black wire a couple feet long that would be great. I dont need any butt connectors. thanks to all who reached out to help with this! you guys rock! shipping to 48430

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom