Help - Cannot find Windshield for 1976 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am restoring a 1976 FJ40. I am nearly done but broke my windshield. I have called many glass shops in the St. Louis area but no one has or will cut a windshield.

Does anyone know where I can get a windshield in the St. Louis area? Order one? Melt sand and create one?

IMG_0081.JPG

I believe you can get windshields from Cruiser Corps.

Also, and you're going to hate this, it's WAY EASIER to install with the windshield frame on a bench.

I tried the car restoration places. They in turn gave me name of shop that said they could get the glass. But they are only interested if they can also install it. And they did not think they could come to my house. I will keep looking.

Please, use Cruiser Corps. I did, on my '75 FJ40, and I had it installed by the Toyota dealer for a good price, with the OEM weatherstrip. The fact that most of us can actually drive our rigs is largely due to all these companies that specialize in Land Cruisers, especially the 40/45/55/60 ones, supplying OEM, used, and aftermarket parts for our rigs.

I had a '73 that I had glass cut for. The shop threw away the weather strip 'key,' cut the glass from the template, installed with new weatherstrip. Cool, now I'm doing 70mph on the highway, and the window falls into the frame, only being caught by the '73 windshield motor. I took it back, and they looked at me like it was my fault for providing the weatherstrip for them. So, they cut a glass a bit bigger, but it never really got fixed before I sold it.

windshield glass for '75 and up 40/45, part number:
56111-90303

windshield glass for '75 and up 40/45, part number:
56111-90303

Glass will never be reproduced.

Local glass place here said $150 but 3-4 weeks turnaround. Just got one from CruiserCorps for my '76, no issues...3-4 days in shipping instead of 3-4 weeks.

Definitely easier with the frame off the rig - I was able to do it solo by putting it face down on a clean/flat rug and working that way.

Last edited:
This spring I had a local glass shop that cuts a lot of flat glass for tractor cabs cut mine (69 fj40) using the old as a template, cost $180 installed. Same day. I provided weatherstripping from cruiser corps. Turned out great.

i-RrfQV8j-M.jpg

This spring I had a local glass shop that cuts a lot of flat glass for tractor cabs cut mine (69 fj40) using the old as a template, cost $180 installed. Same day. I provided weatherstripping from cruiser corps. Turned out great.

i-RrfQV8j-M.jpg

I was gonna say the same. The guy I used a few years ago did work for most of the farmers in lower Delaware. He charged me $150 and actually rust treated a spot on my frame for me. Old school guy. Not many of those around anymore.

I like your fj40 looks real good. Sent you a pm for a shop in kirkwood. You need to get that fj40 on the road.
It will be good for both of you. I had a guy that worked for me and would play Ozzy mama I’m coming home on tough installs. It worked for him. He was real good tech. Taught me a lot. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom