Help buying a James Baroud Grand Raid in Bay Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to buy a Grand Raid by James Baroud but have had some difficulty and looking for some help. I first have been looking at the jamesbaroudusa.com site but see they have been listed as out of stock since at least June - anyone know if they are still working?

Next, I was looking at Rhino Adventure Gear although they are priced much higher. I have tried calling at least a dozen times, left 6 voice mail and used their contact form on their website and have not heard a peep from them over the last 4 months.

Does anyone have some advise on where to find one of these, ideally at a decent price? I was interested in Rhino Adventure since they mention install service but they have been completely unresponsive. I also am trying to understand if I need to a different roof rack than the one that came on my GX460.

Any help from those who know would be appreciated.

Thanks

I just got my grand raid about 6 weeks ago. US supply has been out of stock since at least June/July and I was told it was due to covid and then European summer vacation.

I originally got the last grand raid from summer and it was hit by a forklift(I have pictures so yes it was really hit) during shipping and I had to wait until this last shipment for a replacement.

I heard that this last shipment was also completely sold out. My advice is to pay for one and wait for a shipment.

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to buy a Grand Raid by James Baroud but have had some difficulty and looking for some help. I first have been looking at the jamesbaroudusa.com site but see they have been listed as out of stock since at least June - anyone know if they are still working?

Next, I was looking at Rhino Adventure Gear although they are priced much higher. I have tried calling at least a dozen times, left 6 voice mail and used their contact form on their website and have not heard a peep from them over the last 4 months.

Does anyone have some advise on where to find one of these, ideally at a decent price? I was interested in Rhino Adventure since they mention install service but they have been completely unresponsive. I also am trying to understand if I need to a different roof rack than the one that came on my GX460.

Any help from those who know would be appreciated.

Thanks
@sirhensley That jamesbaroudusa.com site isn’t actually controlled or owned by James Baroud. That is simply an outfitter that used to carry JB tents that is unwilling to relinquish the domain name to James Baroud In Portugal. They don’t have any inventory - haven’t for well over a year and a half.

I am glad I saw this post here, I actually run the Rhino Adventure Gear shop in Fremont and I’m sorry I missed your emails and/or calls. It’s been a crazy year and it has been just me working at the shop. We sell plenty of James Baroud tents and currently have tents in stock, hopefully I can help you get setup too.

I will PM you.

Chris

o Adventure Gear shop in Fremont and I’m sorry I missed your emails and/or calls. It’s been a crazy year and it has been just me working at the shop. We sell plenty of James Baroud tents and currently have tents in stock, hopefully I can help you get s
Great - thanks for the reply. I was hesitant to place an order over the last 4-5 months because I could not reach anyone and did not know if the order would go through, charge and just sit forever.

As mentioned above, I would like to get a RTT but would also prefer installation and do not know if I need to order a new roof rack or if my stock roof rack is sufficient. Is this something you can help with here or is there a better way to get in touch with someone from the shop. I totally get that thins have been crazy with various shutdowns and such, which is why I tried to be patient and tried calling so many times over the last number of months.

Thanks,
Dave

Great - thanks for the reply. I was hesitant to place an order over the last 4-5 months because I could not reach anyone and did not know if the order would go through, charge and just sit forever.

As mentioned above, I would like to get a RTT but would also prefer installation and do not know if I need to order a new roof rack or if my stock roof rack is sufficient. Is this something you can help with here or is there a better way to get in touch with someone from the shop. I totally get that thins have been crazy with various shutdowns and such, which is why I tried to be patient and tried calling so many times over the last number of months.

Thanks,
Dave
Dave,

Yes this is all stuff we can help you out with. You can email me at chris@rhinoadventuregear.com to discuss further.

Thanks

@sirhensley That jamesbaroudusa.com site isn’t actually controlled or owned by James Baroud. That is simply an outfitter that used to carry JB tents that is unwilling to relinquish the domain name to James Baroud In Portugal. They don’t have any inventory - haven’t for well over a year and a half.

I am glad I saw this post here, I actually run the Rhino Adventure Gear shop in Fremont and I’m sorry I missed your emails and/or calls. It’s been a crazy year and it has been just me working at the shop. We sell plenty of James Baroud tents and currently have tents in stock, hopefully I can help you get setup too.

I will PM you.

Chris

Your shop is cool AF. :clap:

1610527179175.png

@Shoredreamer Just wondering if you guys are showing any of your tents for sale in shop like maybe my wife and i could check out your cool gear, I'm just torn between the J.B and the new IKamper would be nice to get to try it out in person and i don't know if the wife would even like the idea of the RTT. I may also need a flat rack if i go with a RTT.

@Fast Eddy thanks! That is actually our San Marcos shop ha. The Fremont shop is a little smaller but just as cool!

@vipergrhd Hey man, yeah you can definitely do that. Just shoot me a PM or email. We have tents on display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom