HELP. Broke my front diff at Moab. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Electronic for simplicity.
• pros - simple and no air compressor needed
• cons - you have to roll forward about 1/16 or 1/8 rotation so the splines will catch the teeth inside the differential and voila left and right wheels lock
• electronic actuator (just like any other part) will need servicing eventually usually at 90k)

Air for on the fly reliability
• pros - warranted that there is no leak in the line, once line is pressurized no more 1/16 or 1/8 roll to get the differential locked.
• cons - needs air source (compressor) means you need a spot where to put it

Price point: in the same area of 1500 per axle (my guestimate can be wrong).

If tried ARB before, tough as nail. Got the eaton but haven’t installed it yet for the f/r diffs.

Simple is definitely for me. I'm not a crazy wheeler. I buy $3000 jeeps and beat those to pulps. I take care of this rig and don't plan on offroading it hard. More overlanding I'd say

Zuk has a stellar reputation. Note that he only installs E-lockers now- (no air lockers )

Zuk has a stellar reputation. Note that he only installs E-lockers now- (no air lockers )
Zuk is awesome. He's local to me and is a good guy. Extremely meticulous, which is probably obvious from his website haha.

He did air lockers for me, but this was about a yr ago... Im not surprised as he preferred E-lockers at the time. Although I have TJM not ARB, which he prefers if he's installing air lockers.

Zuk is awesome. He's local to me and is a good guy. Extremely meticulous, which is probably obvious from his website haha.

He did air lockers for me, but this was about a yr ago... Im not surprised as he preferred E-lockers at the time. Although I have TJM not ARB, which he prefers if he's installing air lockers.

Yes as soon as I saw his website I was blown away lol how could someone be so meticulous is out of this world.

I'm talking to zuk at the moment. If it doesn't work out I might take you up on the offer.

No worries at all—you can't go wrong with Zuk. He's earned every last bit of his reputation.

The offer stands, of course, but the only reason you'd stop by my place is for the "oh ****, it's broken and I need to get back to Boise for the holidays and soon". If time is on your side, go with the best.

I did arb, when I broke my front ring and pinion. If I did it again I'd go elocker. I was able to get the arbs at a discount is why I chose them. That said I had a horrible time, my gear guy said he wouldn't warranty the arbs due to the amount of issues he's had with them so I opted to install myself. Needless to say the rear came out 3 times during diagnostics of a bad bonded piston seal out the box (that's front and rear bad) they worked on the bench they worked installed without oil once I put 90w oil in they stopped locking.

Two new bonded seals, a lot of gear oil and some axle seals later they work great everytime at any temperature.

I also went 4.88 in my 99 my math showed 35s to be about a 1% gear reduction. ( Which could be wrong )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom