- Jul 15, 2018
- Boise, Id
Electronic for simplicity.
• pros - simple and no air compressor needed
• cons - you have to roll forward about 1/16 or 1/8 rotation so the splines will catch the teeth inside the differential and voila left and right wheels lock
• electronic actuator (just like any other part) will need servicing eventually usually at 90k)
Air for on the fly reliability
• pros - warranted that there is no leak in the line, once line is pressurized no more 1/16 or 1/8 roll to get the differential locked.
• cons - needs air source (compressor) means you need a spot where to put it
Price point: in the same area of 1500 per axle (my guestimate can be wrong).
If tried ARB before, tough as nail. Got the eaton but haven’t installed it yet for the f/r diffs.
Simple is definitely for me. I'm not a crazy wheeler. I buy $3000 jeeps and beat those to pulps. I take care of this rig and don't plan on offroading it hard. More overlanding I'd say