Hello (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a 97lx, with air and leather and blah, blah, blah...

I came from a 90 range rover, with legendary mechanical and repair bills...to the point where dropping a grand was a relief! I mean, I was really happy when the repair bill was only $1K...pretty sick...I had the RR for about six years and it was fun, but some things must come to an end

So I looked for a replacement and really didn't find many vehicles that I had much confidence in...one dealer said the car advertised was at the body shop but I could come back later when it's finished (not necessarily inspiring confidence...)

I've checked the archives and noticed many remarks about body roll and sway...i think some of these things become relative, because my old RR was a wallowing pig, pass the dramamine!

It's good to find a LC site...you guys are nuts!

Hey , quit padding your post count !! :D :p

You made an awesome choice on the 450 ! Enjoy it ... just think ; instead of paying big $$ in repairs , you'll be redirecting those funds towards mods such as an OME suspension upgrade and new rubber ! ;)

:cheers:

Tyler

And then you will start thinking things are wrong with it because it has been to long since your last repair and mire yourself in project after project chasing gremlins that aren't really there!

I love my cruiser, I love my cruiser, I love my cruiser

Congrats, I used to be a Rover owner. A couple of 1968 TC2000. Time spent working on those exceded time driven by about 5x :D.
Cheers,
Sean

Welcome to the dark side! Good call on the upgrade...congrats.

Oh yeah, almost forgot the newbie salute :flipoff2:

An official welcome! :flipoff2:

Prepare for service writer withdrawal compared to your RR!

Casco,
Welcome to 80 series ownership and to the 80s section here on ih8mud. Grab a #6, kick off your shoes and stay awhile.

If I were you, the first thing I would do (after calling C-Dan and ordering a FSM) is get some industrial strength de-greaser and clean up the mess left on your garage floor by the RR.

The next thing is to start planning how to spend the $500/month you'll save on repair bills. A visit to the Slee Off-road site will get you drooling over the best accessories available for your new rig.

Welcome!
-B-

Cascobay,

Welcome to the group, you have made a great decision that you will never regret for the rest of your nature living.

Welcome again

[quote author=Desertmaster link=board=2;threadid=5618;start=msg44462#msg44462 date=1064423434]
Cascobay,

Welcome to the group, you have made a great decision that you will never regret for the rest of your nature living.

Welcome again

[/quote]

Um, what about Junk? :ban:

Welcome!!! :flipoff2:

As a former Disco owner, I can tell you that your days of getting up early to start the car in case something has gone wrong are over. Feel free to roll down all your windows and open your sunroof without worrying if you will ever get them closed again. :D

My '95 FZJ80 has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned; for 3 years it as never let me down until yesterday when the starter contacts started to go tits up..... still able to get it running and make it to work.

Don't remove all of your favorite Rover BBS's from your favorites, though. Check them every once in a while to remind yourself how good you have it now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom