Hello - new member w/HZJ73 1990 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello - I recently purchased an HZJ73. I’m an American Airman living in northern Japan and plan to bring this home with me. The previous owner was the Government of Japan so it’s in pretty good shape as they Japanese have to maintain their cars, especially govt cars. It’s pure stock ZX model. I would appreciate any leads on where to buy parts for this and am wondering if that’s going to be an issue with it in the States. Thanks. Mike

IMG_6627.jpeg

IMG_6626.jpeg

IMG_6625.jpeg

IMG_6623.jpeg

Love myself a ZX! Looks great. Don't worry too much about parts, can get most things stateside. That being said, if you want to replace any trim, brake rotors, etc., do it while in Japan, because the parts are inexpensive, it's shipping that makes them expensive.
You might want to replace rubbers (hoses, belts, etc.) and it would be good to send your car to a good mechanic to sort out any major issues before it's in the US.

An HZJ73 just like that is on my short list if I can swing it in the next year or so

Hello,

Welcome to the madness.

Parts are not an issue. You need a form to fill in for Toyota North America (or Toyota US, I am not sure) to have access to parts through them. There are also suppliers like PartSouq or Amayama.

Dave Stedman (Japan4x4) is a source in Japan.

You will need to be patient while parts arrive.

Juan

I've purchased parts from Amayama, fast shipping (2 weeks to Europe) and quality products. Some stuff is expensive - better look up some at the local autoparts store.

Love myself a ZX! Looks great. Don't worry too much about parts, can get most things stateside. That being said, if you want to replace any trim, brake rotors, etc., do it while in Japan, because the parts are inexpensive, it's shipping that makes them expensive.
You might want to replace rubbers (hoses, belts, etc.) and it would be good to send your car to a good mechanic to sort out any major issues before it's in the US.
Good to know. I have already had the local Japanese mechanic do some preventative things like new rubber, new brakes, replaced the front discs, coolant flush etc. It’s in very good shape.

Hello,

Welcome to the madness.

Parts are not an issue. You need a form to fill in for Toyota North America (or Toyota US, I am not sure) to have access to parts through them. There are also suppliers like PartSouq or Amayama.

Dave Stedman (Japan4x4) is a source in Japan.

You will need to be patient while parts arrive.

Juan
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom