Heavier springs rate that works with AHC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice. Two more coils. Did you happen to measure the spring rate? Stand on it and measure the squish, post up initial length and squished length, and we'll do the rest.
I'll try that out. Would place a small 2x4, measure height, sit on it, measure height work? Plus not embellishing my weight 😂

I'll try that out. Would place a small 2x4, measure height, sit on it, measure height work? Plus not embellishing my weight 😂
Yeah, that should do it. We need the before and after height for the stock and new coils, and the mass added.

I just installed a set of terrain tamers in the rear with air bags and spacers up front (sorry, should have tried to measure spring rate). Really grateful that I got this done. After I got my rear bumper on I was not able to get into high mode with a moderate load in the back, prior to that even I was getting AHC warnings while cornering, and the LX really only felt comfortable while in sport mode. Things are back to normal again, the LX feels great if just a bit springy in the back, but I can get down to low and back up to high like stock with zero psi in the bags. I also have all suspension settings back again. Admittedly the LX feels a bit top heavy in comfort mode, but it is certainly drivable, and the middle setting is the sweet-spot for daily again. For reference, I am at stock sensor height and 33" tires.

I just installed a set of terrain tamers in the rear with air bags and spacers up front (sorry, should have tried to measure spring rate). Really grateful that I got this done. After I got my rear bumper on I was not able to get into high mode with a moderate load in the back, prior to that even I was getting AHC warnings while cornering, and the LX really only felt comfortable while in sport mode. Things are back to normal again, the LX feels great if just a bit springy in the back, but I can get down to low and back up to high like stock with zero psi in the bags. I also have all suspension settings back again. Admittedly the LX feels a bit top heavy in comfort mode, but it is certainly drivable, and the middle setting is the sweet-spot for daily again. For reference, I am at stock sensor height and 33" tires.

Nicely done! Wow, your rig must be a heavy one. I've never heard of AHC warning while cornering? Would be interested if you ever hit the scales. I wouldn't be surprised if you're over 4750lbs on the rear axle.

Glad things are feeling more sorted. Regarding spring in the back...and this may be counterintuitive. If you have any desire to sensor lift the rear higher, that may actually help damping, as it'll put some greater portion of load on the AHC hydraulic system to allow it more control.

Nicely done! Wow, your rig must be a heavy one. I've never heard of AHC warning while cornering? Would be interested if you ever hit the scales. I wouldn't be surprised if you're over 4750lbs on the rear axle.

Glad things are feeling more sorted. Regarding spring in the back...and this may be counterintuitive. If you have any desire to sensor lift the rear higher, that may actually help damping, as it'll put some greater portion of load on the AHC hydraulic system to allow it more control.

Could that be low fluid? I had this happen once while in high, climbing a really steep grade. And turns out, fluid was a hair low.

Could that be low fluid? I had this happen once while in high, climbing a really steep grade. And turns out, fluid was a hair low.

That would make more sense! I don't think there's any active sensors to distinguish overpressure or over-tilt?

With lots and lots of load, the hydraulic system will shunt more fluid, as it pressurizes the globes displacing more volume. He's probably fine now with more physical spring as it's taken load off the system, putting some of that fluid back in the reservoir. May be worthwhile to check.

Last edited:
One of these days im installing my russian shock mount spacers... I will measure front springs best i can.

Im still here just been busy! Sorry fellas.

I just installed a set of terrain tamers in the rear with air bags
Which airbags did you pair with the TT coils?

I just ordered them direct from TT ($100 cheaper than Cruiser brothers), and I’m thinking about throwing in some airbags while I have it all apart.

Which airbags did you pair with the TT coils?

I just ordered them direct from TT ($100 cheaper than Cruiser brothers), and I’m thinking about throwing in some airbags while I have it all apart.

I got the airbagman 200/300 series heavy duty kit. I would definitely recommend it, even with the TT coils, for when you are fully loaded. I keep mine at 7 psi which seems to work great.

I got the airbagman 200/300 series heavy duty kit. I would definitely recommend it, even with the TT coils, for when you are fully loaded. I keep mine at 7 psi which seems to work great.
The CR5081HP or the CR5114HP?
How did you know which one to go with?

The CR5081HP or the CR5114HP?
How did you know which one to go with?

Not sure, I just ordered this kit. It's the standard height version, not the one designed for two inch lifts on the LC200. I figured since I was only changing the spring rate (by adding the TT springs) and not the length of the spring, that I should order the standard height airbag kit.

Do they make springs for the front or does anyone?
I’ve never come across one.

There are spring rubbers (rubber shox) that you can squeeze into the coils…and there are coil spacers (packers) that you can put on top of the coils.

I don’t know that there are uprated springs other than that.

That being said, I suspect the 2008-2014 lx’s have a stronger spring rate in the front compared to the later model ones…based on my measurements of the coil thickness and marketing towards “comfort” in the later models as opposed to “sport/handling” in the earlier models.

I’ve never come across one.

There are spring rubbers (rubber shox) that you can squeeze into the coils…and there are coil spacers (packers) that you can put on top of the coils.

I don’t know that there are uprated springs other than that.

That being said, I suspect the 2008-2014 lx’s have a stronger spring rate in the front compared to the later model ones…based on my measurements of the coil thickness and marketing towards “comfort” in the later models as opposed to “sport/handling” in the earlier models.
Thank you for looking in to this. I just swapped out the springs to terrain tamers yesterday. For me at least, way better can tell that i am looking downward even without the load in the rear with these springs. I do like the firmness nonetheless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom