Heater hose failed on interstate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

While he's in there have your mechanic check all the other heater hoses. I recently dug into mine, started with just the PHH, but the closer I looked the more I found that they all needed replacing. It's not an easy job, particularly to get to the hoses closest to the firewall (including the rear 1/2" heater hoses).

Repeating myself: have your mechanic use OEM hoses or Gates Greenstripe for the 1/2" and 5/8" heater hoses, don't let him use generic bulk kerapp cheapo $1 per foot heater hose or you'll be back in there again sooner, rather than 20+ years from now.

A couple of the heater hoses are not available separately like the 1/2" hoses that go to the rear heater pipes (they only come with a new rear heater pipe assembly).

There is however a 1/2" ID sorta S shaped heater hose from a 100 series that can be cut to fit for the ~90 degree bend on the right side rear heater pipe and if you cut it correctly you can use the other side of the S hose for the left side rear heater pipe (or straight 1/2" Gates Greenstripe).

FWIW

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom