Heater Control Assembly Issues - Advice Needed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Mar 20, 2020
Threads
19
Messages
169
Location
Japan
I have a 92 75 series troopy. I am having issues with the selector that changes where the heat/ac is being directed. The cable that goes to the selector is hard to push back in, the little wire just folds up over time. Using a set of pliers to pull and push the wire is tough, but everything moves as it should. Its when I put it in the control assembly and use that to move the cable that I run into issues. I attached a couple of photos, the sad-looking beat up cable is the one I having issues with. The other is just for reference I guess. And I included the diagram of the cables if that helps.

IMG_0473.JPG


IMG_0475.JPG


yeo.png
 
I ordered a cable, but I know it isn't that simple. My luck with this truck never takes me down the easy path. It's always the weird part that involves taking apart everything.

It's looks like they are all still available. Just buy a new cable.
 
Listen, it's straight forward. Don't make it difficult before it begins. You will find the difficult when you make it that way. It's the mindset, not the luck, not the truck.
 
Just saying, I think it's more than the cable. All that is a metal link that connects the two pieces. It could end up being the cable, which is why I already ordered but if anyone has any other ideas on what it could be so I could get ahead of the issue is what I am looking for.

Listen, it's straight forward. Don't make it difficult before it begins. You will find the difficult when you make it that way. It's the mindset, not the luck, not the truck.
 
There is a damper on the other end with an arm on it. Disassemble until you can get to the arm and make sure it moves freely. Otherwise it's the cable.

There's no way that cable isn't at least part or all of the problem.
 
I agree, its been beat up so that has to be replaced. I'll have to look into the damper. The parts move when I use pliers, not easy but not much rougher than the other parts. Hopefully, it's just the cable. I live in Japan at the moment, so thats like 5 bucks and no shipping. I would count that as a win.


There is a damper on the other end with an arm on it. Disassemble until you can get to the arm and make sure it moves freely. Otherwise it's the cable.

There's no way that cable isn't at least part or all of the problem.
 
The internals that are controlled by that mechanism is a damper (a flap if you will). I was just saying that I could see all the dampers (internals). The only one I actually removed is the one in front, lower center which I think is part of the floor, front, defrost damper controls. It sorta of just sits in there and when you take all the duct work apart it falls out. It did not require removal of the control cable however. Again, I didn't have to remove any cables on either end.
 
Tracking, thanks for the help. I'll try the cable when it arrives before pulling everything else out.

The internals that are controlled by that mechanism is a damper (a flap if you will). I was just saying that I could see all the dampers (internals). The only one I actually removed is the one in front, lower center which I think is part of the floor, front, defrost damper controls. It sorta of just sits in there and when you take all the duct work apart it falls out. It did not require removal of the control cable however. Again, I didn't have to remove any cables on either end.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom