Heated Mirrors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do 2001 vintage 100 series have heated mirrors in North America?

Thanks, so how are they activated? Is it rear window defrost button?

I'm trying to figure out if a NZ spec 100 series has them.

In my 2001 there is a heated mirror switch to the right of the rear defrost button. It kind of looks like a side view mirror but not the best depiction on the button.

Hmmm, no obvious button on this one. Has anyone retrofitted heated mirrors to a 100?

Before heated mirrors, a cheap napkin did the trick.

It's a bit hazardous trying to wipe the passengers mirror on the go though.;)

I didn't realise how good heated mirrors were until I bought a car that didn't have them. The owner of this 100 has found the same thing.

Scraaping* the ice off frozen mirrors in the morning isn't that bad (and it cleans them really well), it's not that often and I'm usually scraaping* the windscreen at the same time anyway. It's having them fog up when driving through a damp patch that's the annoying part.

*I've put two "a"s in scraap so the swear filter doesn't wrangle it to scraping.

My 4R doesn't have heated mirrors, it does suck in the winter. I carry a spray can of windshield de-ice, those mirrors break easily when you try to break ice off them. They supposedly have a hydrophyllic coating to repel water, not sure if mine do.

If you have access, you could check the wiring to see if they are pre-wired for the heaters and if so, then swap them out. If not, then the modification would be much greater.

If you have access, you could check the wiring to see if they are pre-wired for the heaters and if so, then swap them out. If not, then the modification would be much greater.

That is the plan. I'll report back if I find anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom