headlights, hazards, horn all out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok. my hazards, horn, and headlights (and associated back-up and driving lamps) are out. checked the fuses, checked the relay (swapped the hl relay with the tail light relay) all of those are good. what's next? fuseable link?

Hazards, Horn, etc.

Perhaps something came unplugged/detached under the dash or in the steering column? All three share the same plug. I'd peek underneath the dash/steering column and look for something unplugged.

I have a simliar problem, only my headlights work, but my hazards, blinkers and horn don't work (all other lights are fine). I feel like I'm chasing a ghost, because I don't know exactly what to check..

Depends on the model but you have switched accessories and non switched accessories. Although all ele items run off the batt there are different leads that power different sections of the harness. That is why headlights, horn, hazard, lighter, dome lights etc... will work with no key on. The fueable links are the series of wires comming off of the pos terminal on the batt. On a 60 they come into a connector then into another connector then into the harness. The fuseable links are designed to blow out if there is a short or spike and they protect your system. Usually, the links become cracked and frayed where they enter the conncetors. There is a small black insulator on the back of each connector; pull it back and I bet you will see the cracks. The links are cheap from Toyota. You can make some up from auto store parts.

The fueable links are the series of wires comming off of the pos terminal on the batt. On a 60 they come into a connector then into another connector then into the harness.

having this problem too...

soo the links come directly off the termanal? i cant see them, i dont even know what to look for . what do they look like, how big? sorry im just really not to bright when it come to the electricals, thanks

12-12-0

finally found my meter buried in the closet, and checked the fusible link.
one pin 12v, 2nd pin 12v, 3rd pin 0v

BINGO!

One $20 fusible link from SOR later, all is well in mudville.

-m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom