1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headlight replacement

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Cruiserhead05, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05 SILVER Star

I used the search button yes but cant seem to get anything to come up. I have an 82 fj40 and my headlights suck. Does anyone have a suggestion for some reall good replacement headlights to use. Dont want to have to add lights just put some better ones in. thanks

2. Romer

Romer fatherofdaughterofromer Moderator

Try pepboys, Autozone or what ever is in your area. You can get brighter Halogens that will fit. They advertize 50% Brighter. You can also get some that provide "Blue Light"

3. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    Get a pair of Hella, IPF or Cibie E-code headlights, they take a H-4 bulb, unless you upgrade the wiring harness stick with the standard 55/60 watt bulbs. These lights are a BIG improvment. If you really want some nice lights, upgrade the lights, the harness(can buy a premade harness) and run 80/100 watt bulbs.........this is what I run and I LOVE em.

I prefer the IPF over the Hella but just a bit not a lot.

John H

4. cosmo

cosmo

Media:
    Albums:
    I've been using the Hella 7inch lense housing with a H4 bulb, which is available in different wattages including an "off road only" version. I've found the Hella's to be a huge improvment in visability over the stockers as light is much more natural with a wider spread- less yellow than sealed beam. I also like the fact the the bulb can be bought independent of the lense- better light, less waist and cheeper in the long run. Checker should have Em or SOR also keeps them in stock. Cheers

5. The Dude

The Dude

6. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    hella h4 is a nice upgrade.. but get the higher watt bulbs

7. Mike S

Mike S

I did the Hella H4 Vision Plus upgrade and it helps a lot. Now I plan on upgrading the harness with a relay so I can get the max out of the 55/60 bulbs.

Mike S