Headlight lens replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have success with aftermarket headlight assemblies? I have a 2010 lx570 needing headlight assemblies due to fading. I've tried all the restoration kits but still not looking too good. I see on ebay someone sells lenses that need to be glued to the existing assembly after removing the lens. Any luck with these?

I have no experience with that, but have you tried paying someone to clean yours up? A pro might save you a lot of time and money. I put 3M protective film over the lense right after they cleaned it up and 5 years later it still looks great.

I have no experience with that, but have you tried paying someone to clean yours up? A pro might save you a lot of time and money. I put 3M protective film over the lense right after they cleaned it up and 5 years later it still looks great.
I'll check into that. Thanks

Some may need more than the abrasive paste in the kit. I did my 97 Camry using wet sanding w/ different grades of automotive sandpaper and paint cutting compounds with a 2" orbital buffer w/ foam pads. They look great. Make sure you mask very well the painted parts around the lights.

OEM or bust. This is one of those buy once / cry once items.

2E89C8C6-4183-449F-8668-989AAF4A78FE.jpeg

The long term quality of aftermarket lamps will not be good. At all.

A friend used the new cerakote headlight system on his Mazda with really, really good results. I may try that on mine.

I used the sylvania kit 3 years ago. It looked great for a couple years, started to haze in year two. Used the cerakote kit about 8 moths ago. Still looks great.

Any kit with a uv clear coat should do a fine job and last a couple years.

They sell just the uv clear coat wipes, that’s all I’ll be using on the next treatment, along with plain old polishing compound.

Note that 2013+ with HID or even worse 2016+ with LED are a whole lot more expensive.

Coming from the LC side of things, I would have to polish and seal my headlights every year or so… but I could never reach all the micro cracks inside the the lens. I just replaced my lenses and should have done it long ago. The difference is massive. Vote for buy one , cry once… if you can swing that. Nothing wrong with polishing though

Did you have to pull the front bumper cover off to replace them?

Sorry another question. Did you apply anything to the new lenses to keep them from fading?

Yes you have to pull the bumper cover. The bottom bolts are under the bumper cover.

I put some opti-seal on them. It won’t hold up but I’ve got some time. It’s still gray here in the PNW. Might get some xpel or something.

What shop did you use for your headlight cleaning? Mine or yellowed/scratched/etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom