header wraps? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
i have the DEI kit to wrap headers. Hoter gas moves faster. if i run this the whole length of my cruiser will this harm the muffler or cat? any pros or cons with this? does any one run this?

thanks any help would be awsome

mike

header wraps retain moisture...great way to rot them. Hope you can afford new ones every couple years.

Yea, woody is right. Anything I've ever heard from guys that use em says that the pipes are gone in a short ammount of time.

18Dec2003 (UTC -8)

What header do you have for the 1FZ-FE? Just like the one in EBay that was sold? That looked very nice.

For my UZJ-100's 2UZ-FE, I had the TRD Tundra headers ceramic coated by Jet-Hot. Those was really nice TRD headers and coating by Jet-Hot. But it's one of my most expensive and least effective mod. Let's just say that it was a pain in the ass to put on, I'll never do it again, yet my seat-in-the-pants-feel say that the performance improvement is there.

i dont have headers although i found a set for about 350 bucks and i am still thinking maybe i might do that. i was thinking more to wrap the whole exhaust to keepo the flow going. ill be looking into after market set up soon.

I have spoken at length with some fellows at TRD.

They found that the stock 1FZ manifolds did very well and it was not worth the effort to work up headers because the gains would be very minimal at best.

I dunno if I was being stroked, but it sounded like they meant it.
I know that I would not run headers on a supercharged motor. The throttle body and blower are just too close to the manifolds for me to be comfortable with that arrangement. The excessive heat thrown off of headers would be just a few inches from the blower and throttle body. In addidion, one would "lose" the heat shields that are attached to the manifolds as there would be no way to attach them to headers.

D-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom