Header insytakk and heat shield (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.badlandsexpeditions.wordpress.com
I just had the Man-A fre power pack installed on my 60. Right off I could feel a difference off the line and am looking forward to fully testing it this weekend. One part that could not be used was the heat shield between the exhaust and intake manifold. The stock shield would not fit with the Weber carb. My mechanic is saying the with the headers more heat will be generated and could affect the carb. Has anyone made something up or reused the stock shield with headers? I'll give a full report after the weekend on how this kit worked.

I have the MAF header w/out the shield, no issues over the past two years w/ the carb but I don't sit in traffic with this rig. My carb fan just quit a few weeks ago and still no issues but I'll get the fan fixed before the weather warms back up.........

Do post up regarding the power pack.

header install and heat shield

My concern here is in the 100 plus degree heat during the summer. Maybe wrapping the header will help?

I've had my header without the shield for a year now and haven't had any problems. I live in SOCAL and last year in got to 107 a couple of days.

wrapping your headers would probably work better than the shield anyhow.

Wrapping with what?

I'll check it out, Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom