Head Gasket DVD done! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IdahoDoug or anybody who knows him???

Hi Doug. Sent money via PayPal per the instructions. Sent you a PM. Please let me know if you received the order and money and about when the DVD will ship.

Hi folks. I hate to sound like a "needy rookie" on here, but I'm appealing to Doug or anybody who knows Doug well enough to give him a call. Doug's PM inbox, according to this site, is full. I sent the money via PayPal for the DVD a little over a week ago. Money was sent from "Bryan McAllister" (me). Just wanting to know if the money has been received and estimated ship date.

I'm new to this forum (just bought my first truck ever in Sept) and have learned about how helpful the HG DVD is from all the posts about it. I've also learned that the forum seems full of lots of great people, some who actually know each other and talk from time to time. Thus my request if you happen to know Doug.

My 240K 1996 FZJ80 has succumbed to the common HG failure. I'm mostly through the tear down (vacuum lines, wire harnesses, exhaust/intake manifolds, etc.) up to the point where I get into removing the valve cover and timing sprocket.

So the DVD, or at least some advice would be great. At the moment I'm not wanting to remove the timing sprocket until I know exactly how to get the top and bottom halves in synch when the time comes to put it back together.

I've done this on my 1974 BMW 2002tii and know there are lots of great little tips and tricks to it (learned from a similar forum called 2002FAQ.com). So I'm hoping to find the same type of assistance here.

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to learning tons about my Cruiser and being able to contribute to this great forum by giving back what I have taken.

Thanks,
Bryan

HG DVD

Thanks Doug!

I received your DVD on the weekend; just in time for the HG tear-down. Armed with this and the parts from Dan, I am now knee deep into getting the LC back on the road.

Thanks again!

Hi folks. I hate to sound like a "needy rookie" on here, but I'm appealing to Doug or anybody who knows Doug well enough to give him a call. Doug's PM inbox, according to this site, is full. I sent the money via PayPal for the DVD a little over a week ago. Money was sent from "Bryan McAllister" (me). Just wanting to know if the money has been received and estimated ship date.

I'm new to this forum (just bought my first truck ever in Sept) and have learned about how helpful the HG DVD is from all the posts about it. I've also learned that the forum seems full of lots of great people, some who actually know each other and talk from time to time. Thus my request if you happen to know Doug.

My 240K 1996 FZJ80 has succumbed to the common HG failure. I'm mostly through the tear down (vacuum lines, wire harnesses, exhaust/intake manifolds, etc.) up to the point where I get into removing the valve cover and timing sprocket.

So the DVD, or at least some advice would be great. At the moment I'm not wanting to remove the timing sprocket until I know exactly how to get the top and bottom halves in synch when the time comes to put it back together.

I've done this on my 1974 BMW 2002tii and know there are lots of great little tips and tricks to it (learned from a similar forum called 2002FAQ.com). So I'm hoping to find the same type of assistance here.

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to learning tons about my Cruiser and being able to contribute to this great forum by giving back what I have taken.

Thanks,
Bryan
My DVD took a few weeks to arrive so I'd say just hang in there. With that said, the DVD isn't an exact detailed step-by-step guide. That's what the FSM is for. If you search the 80s section you'll find a few links of folks hosting the file online for you to download. The FSM should be your first point of reference, DVD second.

Payment Sent!
Will confirm when it is received and how long it took so others can know.
Thanks Again,
I hope this gets dusty on the shelf and never gets used...like funeral arrangements, the later the better.

After dvd postage to Australia

Hi Doug, sent you an email as well, after a price for the dvd with shipping to Australia regards cameron

DVD arrived today so it took 12 days by my calculation.
Gonna watch it in a few minutes and hope the wife doesn't catch me:popcorn:

PayPal sent! Thanks for the work!

Sent you a Paypal payment.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom