HDJ80 Driveshaft Length Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,

I am trying to confirm the length of a rear driveshaft for a HDJ80 Manual Transmission and VCD/HF2AV/Full Time Transfer Case. My parts truck is a non-viscus (HF2A) H151 manual and the truck I'm building was an auto trans Full Time HF2AV.

I'm having trouble just flat out measuring the gap because the drivetrain is only mocked in while i fab up a custom crossmember/bash plate combo to move the new manual transmission forward. Also, it's a bare frame with new suspension on wheels, so "ride height" is not even a dream yet.

Euro4x4parts.com lists lengths of the various iterations but none of them seem to come close to my many DSs I have on hand. The one they list for MTM VCD HDJ80 (fully compressed) is ~50mm longer than my current flange-to-flange measurement in the chassis.

Can anyone tell me the correct part number or length for the rear shaft H151/HF2AV 80 series? Or maybe clarify how Toyota measures their driveshafts?

I'll try and remember to measure my driveshaft tonight. It's from a 1991 HF2A / H151. I'll do full compress and full extend for reference :D
Full Time 4WD with viscous clutch? Or the early non-viscous transfer case?

I need the weird combo of Full Time Viscous case with manual transmission.

Thanks!

20210114_210301.jpg

Ah. Shaft out, not in the truck. Collapse the shaft completely and measure full length flange to flange as flat as possible.

Thanks!!!
Ok looks like 2ft 4 1/4 inches on the shorter one fully compressed. Laid it in some saw horses to measure. I can get a neighbor to help me double check

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom