HDJ101 - Right Hand Drive - Steering Rack Part Number and Source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I took my 2002 diesel back in for it's re-inspection today after putting on fresh inner/outer tie rods, which the first inspection picked up. Well, now they're saying that the rack is leaking.. I'm ready to strangle these people. I need to get this through provincial inspection to license/insure it in my area, so this is a major bummer. My first thought was to take it through another inspection shop, but my friend who used to do these inspections says that it might very well be "flagged" now.

Does anyone have insight on the part number and best possible source for a RHD steering rack? Is it different between the diesel/gas vehicles? From what I can see, it is 40120-60040, but this is a major investment so I would love for a yota nerd to confirm. Can't really find this anywhere other than Impex, and I have no idea how long I'd be waiting for it.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated!

Go to toyodiy, enter your car details and you will find all the partnumbers you need.

I will try and get a second or 3rd opinion.
Did they show you the leak? Are you losing fluid fast?
Before spending make sure it is actually your last resort.
Edit:
I once had some copper o-rings changed near the power steering pump most mechanic said it was the rack and needed to be changed, …(fluid was on pouring below the bolts that hold the rack)…but it wasn’t people sometimes they just crooks so again double and triple check it…I did and now no leaks near the rack.

I will try and get a second or 3rd opinion.
Did they show you the leak? Are you losing fluid fast?
Before spending make sure it is actually your last resort.
Edit:
I once had some copper o-rings changed near the power steering pump most mechanic said it was the rack and needed to be changed, …(fluid was on pouring below the bolts that hold the rack)…but it wasn’t people sometimes they just crooks so again double and triple check it…I did and now no leaks near the rack.
That's actually where I'm at at this point. It's a risk taking it to different inspection places, but it is a very light leak and my plan now is to add some stop-leak, drive it for a week, blast the sh**t out of the boots with brake cleaner and take it into a different shop. Fingers crossed..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom