HDJ101 Poverty Pack seats in USDM UZJ100 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I dont think that I’ve seen any threads about this here, so I figured I’d show off my new seats. I’ve been looking for poverty pack seats for at least two years to no avail. Having reached out to importers in Japan, Aus, the Middle East and even stateside to no avail, I figured it would never happen. A couple weeks ago, I came across a comment from @shellb stating he had a full HDJ101 poverty pack interior that he’d been stashing for a while. I recognized his @ from my local TLCA group (shoutout Rising Sun in Denver). I reached out to see if he still had them, fully expecting the seats to be long gone. Turns out, he did still have them and was open to parting ways with my dream seats. We made arrangements and I picked them up along with some other goodies.

Once I got home, I quickly removed the 24 y/o seats from my 400k+ mile interior. I started install with the front pass seat, which bolted up easily with no modification. My wife is one lucky SOB because she gets the Driver seat with all the adjustments and electric lumbar. This one will need some massaging with a steamer to restore the outer bolster!
IMG_7314.jpeg

The next step was to test out my seat! At first glance, it looked like the driver seat would also bolt right up. There were only minor differences between the US and JDM seat mounting feet. The holes were within 1/4” of lining up perfectly. There were also dowels(?) protruding from the feet that lined up pretty well with the existing dowel holes used with the USDM seats. A quick hole enlargement with a step bit got everything where it needed to be and the driver seat was in!
IMG_7335.jpeg

The final boss in this project was the second row seats. Naturally, things had gone far too smoothly up to this point and the Land Cruiser gods needed a sacrifice for me to complete the job. On RHD vehicles, the 60/40 seats are swapped, meaning the floor mounts needed to be moved in order to have the forward seat mounts bolt up. With the carpet pulled, I found that there were spots visible where the RHD floor mounts would have gone in a foreign market vehicle. The only floor mount that needed to be moved was the inner forward mount for the 40 side seat. I popped off the fuel pump access cover to check if i’d have to drill into my fuel tank to make the necessary holes for floor mount relocation and happily found that there were a few inches of space to get a bolt and nut in. Couple zips with a drill and the forward floor mount for the 40 side was relocated.
IMG_7340.jpeg

The only other issue I found was that 60 side rear inner mount would have to be relocated in order to fully mount up. The same ghost holes were there to move the larger striker over to the driver side, but it was decided to avoid that swap for simplicity and to avoid putting a large hole or dent in the floor. Instead, I opted to remove the linkage that causes the rear seat latched to open up as the seat is reclined back to the floor. With the linkage disconnected, the inner latch remains in the closed position and the seat rests on top of it. The linkage can be seen below.
IMG_7339.jpeg

With the linkage disconnected and the floor mount relocated, the second row seats were ready for install.
IMG_7337.jpeg

Even with only 3 of 4 mounting points holding the 60 seat down, it feels sturdy enough to hold our 50lb dog.

Beautiful! You are a lucky duck to have scored those seats!

Only drawback is the "adjustable seat" is on the passenger side. I have the same issue on one of my cruisers. Oh, I wish Japan was LHD.

Only drawback is the "adjustable seat" is on the passenger side. I have the same issue on one of my cruisers. Oh, I wish Japan was LHD.
Totally agree. It is legit the only downside to this swap. I considered an attempt at swapping the seat pan onto the usdm rails and frame but settled on the seat jackers. Hopefully it puts the seat in the correct position with the seat supporting the back of my knees

Seat jackers are in. They put the seat in the exact position that my usdm seats were set. I had to cut off the front inner locating pin on the seat rail to install. One thing I will note, the JDM seat feels like it sits a bit higher than my old seats. I’m 5’10” on a good day and I think they’d be too high for anyone 6’ or taller
IMG_7366.jpeg

IMG_7367.jpeg

image.jpg

The fabric seats in my 97 4runner are still like new, while all leather seats in other 4runenrs has ripped apart and is very unpleasent. I'd love to go with fabric seats in my 100. When I ordered my 21 taco.. I chose fabric seats. leather seats too hot in summer and too cold in the winter.. fabric for win!

The fabric seats in my 97 4runner are still like new, while all leather seats in other 4runenrs has ripped apart and is very unpleasent. I'd love to go with fabric seats in my 100. When I ordered my 21 taco.. I chose fabric seats. leather seats too hot in summer and too cold in the winter.. fabric for win!

Better grip on you butt and back while wheeling as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom