HD automotive turbo kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a WA chat with them yesterday. Waiting for quote. They advised me to join the FB group “1FZ-FE Turbo Land Cruisers" already mentioned in this thread. Might provide more hints on the installation and the final power output.

With internally gated turbocharger kit, Haltech ECU package, intercooler, 6boost-pipe manifold as far as I understand it they speak about 200% power increase – means more than 600HP. But where on the rev range – need to see the torque/HP/speed characteristic?

The kit including the 6boost and the Haltech ECU it all will approx. end up at EUR 5500.
The issue with that kit is you will need a tuner, and will have to piggyback your stock ECM to run the transmission. So you will not be able to pass emissions testing as you will have check engine light. I am looking to start off with a low boost 5-8 psi and try to keep the stock fueling. I am considering the 6 boost manifold as I have not heard back from them in a week. The 6 boost takes 4-6 weeks to build then ship to the us is around $150 US dollars. So it’s around $1100 at your door.

If you're looking at the 6boost manifold as well I'll point out there's another Aussie company at chasingadventures.net that sells a kit with that manifold

If you're looking at the 6boost manifold as well I'll point out there's another Aussie company at chasingadventures.net that sells a kit with that manifold
Yah I have looked at them also. Thanks for replying to the thread the more info the better.

I have some concerns on the reliability of such mods. E.g. my 1FZ-FE and all downstream components have 315t mls on the clock. With torque extraced from 600HP+ surviability is an issue. Think it implies a rebuilded engine, Auto, T-Case and may-be heavy-duty axles. What peak torque do you we expect at crank ... above 800Nm?

I have some concerns on the reliability of such mods. E.g. my 1FZ-FE and all downstream components have 315t mls on the clock. With torque extraced from 600HP+ surviability is an issue. Think it implies a rebuilded engine, Auto, T-Case and may-be heavy-duty axles. What peak torque do you we expect at crank ... above 800Nm?
I have a completely rebuild motor with ARP head studs, new pistons, bearings and pretty much everything is new in the engine bay. I will only be boosting 6-8psi so I will be lucky to gain 100hp Toyota provided that with their factory super charger. Many people running turbos over here on stock drivetrain with zero issues but time will tell.

I have a completely rebuild motor with ARP head studs, new pistons, bearings and pretty much everything is new in the engine bay. I will only be boosting 6-8psi so I will be lucky to gain 100hp Toyota provided that with their factory super charger. Many people running turbos over here on stock drivetrain with zero issues but time will tell.

Lots of guys pushing more than that too with a standalone with stock engines or just head bolts

Torque = pulling force is the parameter to go and makes you not to die down up-hill. Has a trade-off already been made between a turbo-charged 1FZ-FE and a Cummins 6BT 5,9 Diesel swap in terms of tractive-effort? Withe the diesel there is 600Nm at low revs (440 lb-ft @ 1,600 RPM). This is why I am interested in the turboed FZ-engines torque, power, speed diagramme.

Torque = pulling force is the parameter to go and makes you not to die down up-hill. Has a trade-off already been made between a turbo-charged 1FZ-FE and a Cummins 6BT 5,9 Diesel swap in terms of tractive-effort? Withe the diesel there is 600Nm at low revs (440 lb-ft @ 1,600 RPM). This is why I am interested in the turboed FZ-engines torque, power, speed diagramme.
Just joined the Aussi FB group to get some technical deep dive...

I will run my truck on a dyno after getting everything dialed. And report back with numbers.

The engine can handle a lot of power. It's way overbuilt. The automatic transmission on the other hand... that's where the weak point is. The 1FZ-FE Turbo Facebook group has gone over this before and they know how much the trans will handle in stock form. They said it's the torque that breaks the trans, not the hp. Of course this is just from what I've read on there, I haven't done it myself, so take that as you will. I'll be doing a v8 swap myself.

Shipping was quoted $300 range
Thanks for the reply. I’m waiting to add the dump pipe on my order. I forgot to add that. Easier for me to fan the down pipe. My quote was roughly $350 US for the whole kit including Intercooler. Most likely cheaper since I’m in Hawaii.

From what I understand the 6 boost manifold is for making bigger power. Plus the down pipe clearance seems tight depending on the turbo you use. I’m looking at doing the wholesale Auto nomad valve body.

I will run my truck on a dyno after getting everything dialed. And report back with numbers.
I hope something like this will not be the output ...
1687336498492.png

The engine can handle a lot of power. It's way overbuilt. The automatic transmission on the other hand... that's where the weak point is. The 1FZ-FE Turbo Facebook group has gone over this before and they know how much the trans will handle in stock form. They said it's the torque that breaks the trans, not the hp. Of course this is just from what I've read on there, I haven't done it myself, so take that as you will. I'll be doing a v8 swap myself.
I've read the same things but worth noting they are dealing with a different electronics setup and a different transmission from the U.S. OBDII guys.

I could never get these guys to reply to me. I bought the CX kit. Almost finished installing. Had to do some custom. Fab for the piping to make the snorkel work. The intercooler is BS. Doesn’t fit at all… other than that it’s all been great

I could never get these guys to reply to me. I bought the CX kit. Almost finished installing. Had to do some custom. Fab for the piping to make the snorkel work. The intercooler is BS. Doesn’t fit at all… other than that it’s all been great
It’s a 1-2 man show and they have been responsive with me. I’m not running a intercooler initially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom