Hazard Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to add flashing hazard lights to my rig not real sure how to do it tho. If I bought two amber colored LEDs from a trailer place, how would I have to wire them in order to work. I know I need a flasher, but what is the sequence of how i wire it all together. Any help would be appreciated.

i dont know if LEDs will be bright enough unless you are forking out for the superbright LED clusters used in new trucks/bikes and stuff which are very expensive. Normal yellow lense plastic utility flasher lights would be way cheaper, and there are a lot more types around.

As for the wiring. Mount the lights. I assume there will be 4. 1 at each corner. One of the wires for each of the lights, doesn't matter which (if they are standard bulbs) you just screw to a ground point somewhere close to the light, or you can run to a proper ground on the battery or somewhere. The other wire from the lights you run to the output pin of the flasher unit. It usually has 4 pins I think.?? You need to run power through a fuse from the battery to the + on the flasher unit. Ground the -switch wire of the flasher. From the battery, and maybe through a fuse (main car harness somewhere maybe), then through a switch run the +switch wire to the flasher. And that should be all there is to it. There are many basic variations on flashers, but they will all work on basically the same wiring structure I think.

Sam

if you come unstuck somewhere, tell us what the pinouts of the flasher are, and i should be able to do up a diagram. Your other option is to run the flasher through the existing turn signal indicators like on standard cars. But this is so much more work its not funny.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom