Hazard light switch illumination (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't think they should light up in a landcruiser only on lx470 but to remove that panel you first remove the plastic trim under the insturment cluster ( the one that has the dimmer on it) then you can unclip the whole panel that contain the switches (you don't remove the black bezel you remove the whole kick panel as a unit) to remove it completely there are some screws in the bottom side of it but you can pull it back enough to access the switches they can be pushed out easily

I decided to go ahead and have a look there anyway. Can you please provide some additional info, anything will help me as I never did this, but on other trims I remember is important to know were the clips, bolts are, the direction of un-clipping etc.

1. you first remove the plastic trim under the instrument cluster ( the one that has the dimmer on it) - is it just straight forward pull toward me? Do you remember the location of clips or better yet, do you have any pics?
2. then you can unclip the whole panel that contain the switches - again here the same as above really

Thank you!

2, This is all I could find right now (but this is a facelift model, not sure if it's the same or not):
1582725540563.png

1, (~0:57)

that seemed easy, many thanks!

What is RSCA OFF, do you know? on mine, the PO has put a switch for additional lights in that place, I am curious if this is something I still have (RSCA)

What is RSCA OFF, do you know? on mine, the PO has put a switch for additional lights in that place, I am curious if this is something I still have (RSCA)
It's for disabling the roll sensitive curtain airbags in cars fitted with it (My guess, not 100% sure, that it was only fitted to the facelift model)

It disables the Rollover Side Curtain Airbags.

On US models, RSCA was an optional feature starting in the 2003 model year.

2, This is all I could find right now (but this is a facelift model, not sure if it's the same or not):
View attachment 2222299
OK, I managed to change the joystick illumination bulb, but the mirror folding button bulb, I can't see it :(

Can anyone have a look please, is it supposed to light up too? Where could it be then?

20200306_104506.jpg
20200306_103253.jpg
20200306_103244.jpg

The same question for the diff lock switch: where is the bulb located, is there one?
20200306_105151.jpg
20200306_105159.jpg

The diff switch has no bulb
After examining it further, I started to suspect that there is no bulb, thank you for confirmation.

Did the joystick take the same type of bulb like the others did? Do you happen to know the type, or is there something written on them?

Did the joystick take the same type of bulb like the others did? Do you happen to know the type, or is there something written on them?
So far, the joystick, hazard lights and centre diff took the same bulb - 4mm diameter, which i suspect is called T4 when sold together with the plastic base.

Unfortunately, the rear fog light switch has a smaller size bulb, I suspect it is T3. Anyway, I had to take the bike to the automartket once again, just finished the rear fog switch as well.

The 4 mm bulb was too tall, too thick, 3 mm fits perfectly in the base.
20200306_120000.jpg

What about mirror folding button?

In my experience, the "Fold Mirror" button is not illuminated:

Mine has non folding mirrors so my switch is way different than yours it has a slot for the joystick part but it won't light up when I put a bulb in it
In my experience, the "Fold Mirror" button is not illuminated:

Thank you for confirming this for me.

For now, I have all bulbs working in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom