Have we figured out how to remove AHC successfully? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can’t get my LX 570 to stop trying to level the rear under hard acceleration and it might be very minor where most people don’t notice it but it absolutely bugs me.

I’m considering going to a GX platform as the wife does want something a little smaller but if I can convert this thing to coil suspension and not have a Christmas tree on the dash then I would happily do that and just make it work. I read some of the older threads were Slee and some of the other folks were working to see if there was a way to do a set up similar to what the 100 series guys do. Looks like not much has happened in the last few years on this topic. Figured figured I might check in with y’all and see what you think.

I assume you are just trolling LX owners here?

(Edit: If not, it's definitely been done with some strategic unplugging of computers, AFS is the only system you lose that you might not have wanted to from what i understand.)

Last edited:

I assume you are just trolling LX owners here?

(Edit: If not, it's definitely been done with some strategic unplugging of computers, AFS is the only system you lose that you might not have wanted to from what i understand.)
Lol no, it was not my intention to troll hahaha.

Maybe I’ll get on the actual computer and try and locate some more info, as I have yet to find those threads by searching on the phone (where I’m posting from now).

If anyone has any links, feel free to send them my way.

Well holy freaking toldeo. Now im on the computer and am excited to go through this. Seems promising for now! Hell if i can get it to stay in normal mode and not do the rear end shuffle, Ill happily keep it and be just fine.

This one follows up on that one.

I haven’t ever had acceleration leveling . . . If the truck is new to you consider a fluid change?

I haven’t ever had acceleration leveling . . . If the truck is new to you consider a fluid change?

Its not during the acceleration exactly, its right after i let off to cruise (say when i get to freeway speed after quickly accelerating) that it trys to raise the rear to level it and then has to immediately come back down as it over levels its self.

Ive replaced the height control solenoid (the one with the TSB about it) and they did a fluid change at the same time. I also had the local dealership do a height sensor "calibration" on it in case the figures were way out of wack. That helped all of **** all and was a waste of money.

I probably just need to get techstream and learn how to do all the calibrations myself as the dealer techs dont seem to care to learn how to do it.

My thoughts are just to unplug everything as that link instructs to do and then replace with LC components or a small LC lift. Its got an ARB winch and skids on it that I did last year, and some oversized tires on the stock 20's with 1.5" wheel spacers all the way around.

However its not really an offroader. Its my wifes hiking rig lol. If i can keep the rig at normal height (maybe with the front leveled) and then not have any weird handling issues Ill be happy and she literally wont know the difference.

it drops 1" at 62 mph or thereabouts for better aero. I don't remember exactly what mph.

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 1.50.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 1.52.31 PM.png

Last edited:
it drops 1" at 62 mph or thereabouts for better aero. I don't remember exactly what mph.

View attachment 2630028

View attachment 2630031

I wish that it was setup to adjust for rake as height increases. It is hard to understand why the front drops a full 2.4 inches in L but only goes 2 up in H.

It seems like it should be consistent across the range. If the front is already .5 lower, then why not keep the difference between front and rear static through the various modes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom