Hate My Wheels-LX470 ('06) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

99% sure that 03-07 lc wheels will accept Lexus centercaps

I'm still looking. I've seen numerous threads with folks using Tundra/Sequoia wheels on LX with the only issue being the front wheel center cap fitment. I see how folks have worked around this and applaud their inventiveness.

However, at this point I don't want to do this and am really holding out for a nice set of LX470 wheels/caps.

OTOH, using a LC wheel may be of interest if the center wheel cap fitment isn't an issue.

Is it? If not, which years are the LC wheels/wheel caps a slam dunk fit on my '06 LX?

Thanks,

Bob

Just run 1.25" spacers and caps will fit fine. The spacers will put the wheels where IMO they should have always been....just a tad wider stance. Here's an old pic when I ran SR5 Tundra wheels on my LX.

The problem you'll likely run into is that most of the LC/Sequoia wheels were silver whereas most LX wheels were a slightly darker color. The LX caps I had were noticeably different in color than any of the LC/Sequoia wheels I found.

IMG_0359.JPG

Tundra Wheels.JPG

View attachment 1764182

@Bob Frame The oem wheels that came on your '06 - '07 LX in Hyper Silver are the best looking wheels for that rig IMHO. They are very hard to come by in the used market and even if you can find a set that aren't perfect, you're looking at $500 - $700 and then you have to refinish them which could easily be $100 per wheel so now you're in it for close to $1000 for used wheels. These wheels are paint + clear coat so they can be refnished.

If you have the budget, you can buy them new online:

Category Search | MyLParts.com

The only other wheel I would consider is the 18" TRD Pro wheel in black.

18_in_TRD_Pro_Tundra_wheel_1.jpg

Last edited:
@Bob Frame The oem wheels that came on your '06 - '07 LX in Hyper Silver are the best looking wheels for that rig IMHO. They are very hard to come by in the used market and even if you can find a set that aren't perfect, you're looking at $500 - $700 and then you have to refinish them which could easily be $100 per wheel so now you're in it for close to $1000 for used wheels. These wheels are paint + clear coat so they can be refnished.

If you have the budget, you can buy them new online:

Category Search | MyLParts.com

The only other wheel I would consider is the 18" TRD Pro wheel in black.

18_in_TRD_Pro_Tundra_wheel_1.jpg
I'd probably spend a grand to get a refinished set of OEM wheels. I know how expensive new ones are..my Lexus dealer quoted me ~$600/ea and I don't think that included caps or sensors. I'm in no hurry, so I'll just wait for the right set to come along.

Thanks...

I'd probably spend a grand to get a refinished set of OEM wheels. I know how expensive new ones are..my Lexus dealer quoted me ~$600/ea and I don't think that included caps or sensors. I'm in no hurry, so I'll just wait for the right set to come along.

Thanks...

MyLparts link I gave you has them new for $435 ea. Pricey, but you get new.

Bob

Take your OEM wheels off call a local powder coater and have them PC'd for maybe with the chrome stripping $600 that is including having tires dismounted and remounted. Also that is any color you want. Silver or the smokey gray....

It is done all the time.

Also 99% of the OE 5x150 center caps will fit. You can find Lexus logos all over the place.

Bob

Take your OEM wheels off call a local powder coater and have them PC'd for maybe with the chrome stripping $600 that is including having tires dismounted and remounted. Also that is any color you want. Silver or the smokey gray....

It is done all the time.

Also 99% of the OE 5x150 center caps will fit. You can find Lexus logos all over the place.

Bomar beat me to it.... If your truck ins't a daily driver, park it, pull the wheels/tires and have the tires removed. Take them to a powdercoater and have them sandblast the chrome off and then PC them the color of your choice. You can go back with a factory style aluminum gray finish or another color like anthracite, dark gray, graphite or black.

Will those TRD Pro 18 wheels work without modification? I think they would look great on my White Pearl LX470

Will those TRD Pro 18 wheels work without modification? I think they would look great on my White Pearl LX470

If they are for a tundra yes. 4Runner and Taco use a 6 lug pattern and will not work. Use the search function and find the tundra wheel thread. Literally hundreds of pictures.

Or you could go to the other end of the Bling-o-meter and go with the Third World/UN Convoy Vehicle look! :)

A few weeks ago a buddy of mine saw my green 100 in the parking lot of a local restaurant and thought I'd had a flat tire and was running the spare. His face when I told him all five of the wheels looked the same was priceless.

View attachment 1762336
Love this look including the classic FJ40 color of the wheels! The ones I've found online are either silver or black. Did you paint yours? If so, do you know the color?

What AT tire sizes are you running on your stock 18" other than 275/60-18?
Tire recommendations?
2000 LX470 with 2006 LX 18" Wheels. (261,000 miles!)

What AT tire sizes are you running on your stock 18" other than 275/60-18?
Tire recommendations?
2000 LX470 with 2006 LX 18" Wheels. (261,000 miles!)

275/70/18 for me. Fits really well on stock rigs if you want something larger than OEM.

For powdercoating - compare the cost of a typical paint refinish as well. Paint, when done properly, should be better than powdercoat long term. The well known wheel shop in Denver (name escapes me at the moment) paints wheels and it's similar or cheaper than powdercoating. I think powdercoating is popular because it takes a lot less skill and perfection to get it "good", but a shop with proper setup for auto paint can probably get a better finish that's ultimately more durable and chip-resistant than powdercoat. That's my impression, at least.

275/70/18 for me. Fits really well on stock rigs if you want something larger than OEM.

For powdercoating - compare the cost of a typical paint refinish as well. Paint, when done properly, should be better than powdercoat long term. The well known wheel shop in Denver (name escapes me at the moment) paints wheels and it's similar or cheaper than powdercoating. I think powdercoating is popular because it takes a lot less skill and perfection to get it "good", but a shop with proper setup for auto paint can probably get a better finish that's ultimately more durable and chip-resistant than powdercoat. That's my impression, at least.
Thank you. I found another thread where most people liked that size to. Now KO2, Wrangler, or Revo 3. Fun!

I like mine but wish the offset wasn't +60. I run LT285/65/18. but will change to Lt 275/ 70/ 18 when the time comes. I've been looking at after market wheels but haven't found anything I really like and almost everything have fake beadlocks.

IMG_9545.jpeg

I'm laughing. Should have known. I have KO2 on my LC200. Not my favorite rain, ice tire but great all round. We get a lot of 33 degree snow/slush with ice under and I just thought they were average. I live on a steep hill and once you hit the ice it was trouble. I put on dedicated snow tires this winter and I was unstoppable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom