Has anyone put a FrontRunner Footwell Water Tank in their 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Considering putting a Front Runner Footwell Water Tank behind the front seats. If anyone has done this, I would be very interested in hearing their experience with it and their opinion. Thanks

I use a 110l bladder.
That is interesting, would be open to that in my off road trailer but would have to source it from somewhere other than Australia. That shipping is outrageous.

There are great deals out there.
I paid $255 usd and I wanted something that was easily storable (it is about the size of a small sleeping bag rolled up), if it wasnt filled to capacity it wasnt the same size and I wasnt limited to where it needed to be if other passengers in vehicle. With it between rear seat and drawers it holds 12 gals. I also was wondering if I could create a space under the vehicle or somewhere else to install. Not there yet because of planning around weight distribution. Its about 250 lbs filled.

There are great deals out there.
I paid $255 usd and I wanted something that was easily storable (it is about the size of a small sleeping bag rolled up), if it wasnt filled to capacity it wasnt the same size and I wasnt limited to where it needed to be if other passengers in vehicle. With it between rear seat and drawers it holds 12 gals. I also was wondering if I could create a space under the vehicle or somewhere else to install. Not there yet because of planning around weight distribution. Its about 250 lbs filled.
Love the capacity, and flexibility. Price is a bit prohibitive for what it is. If it could be sourced in the USA that would make it really reasonable, especially from a warranty standpoint. I am going to remove the 60% seat behind the driver and build out a platform and keep the single seat. The Front Runner Footwell storage is easily removeable if not full, or with 2 people it only weighs approx 90 lbs.
We like to go for 1-2 weeks around no one else so the bladder you have would be perfect for that in my Off road trailer.

So I use the bladders but I put them in the doors and fill them with fuel. Better than trying to reduce ground clearance. @tacocat

So I use the bladders but I put them in the doors and fill them with fuel. Better than trying to reduce ground clearance. @tacocat
I am confused, what does storing fuel have to do with Water Storage and when you say in the doors, what does that mean, door pocket? or behind the door panel, literally, which is a crazy fire hazard IMHO.

I thought about getting one of those for a long time. I like the idea of the weight placed where it is and being able to access the water without dealing with a dirty water can on the oustide of the vehicle (where I have them mounted). But, I carry other stuff in that area, and even though I can pick up the tank from their store and save on shipping, the cost is too high for what it is (for me)

Just bought the FrontRunner Footwell tank, measured the 100 2nd row and plenty of room to spare. doesn't stick up very high either, the tunnel allows air flow from the vent under the center console, and doesn't interfere with my Rugged Radio comms system mounted to the back of the Center console either. Moving forward with the removal of the 60% seat and buildout of a platform for luggage and other peripherals.
I thought about getting one of those for a long time. I like the idea of the weight placed where it is and being able to access the water without dealing with a dirty water can on the oustide of the vehicle (where I have them mounted). But, I carry other stuff in that area, and even though I can pick up the tank from their store and save on shipping, the cost is too high for what it is (for me)
Ya it isn't cheap, for sure. That was why I got it on Black friday sale. At least it saved some money but they don't ship for free. So you getting to pick it up would save $ too. The stuff we put where it goes will just go on top of it. It is a nice flat surface on top with cross hatch for none slippage, but we will probably put a non slip runner on top of it. Cooler and other quick accessible stuff go there for us.

I am confused, what does storing fuel have to do with Water Storage and when you say in the doors, what does that mean, door pocket? or behind the door panel, literally, which is a crazy fire hazard IMHO.
I just think the same concept could be applied to all the unused space in the doors. For water if you want. I find it better to carry fuel there since it's lighter than water but if you're not doing anything extreme its probably ok to put water there too.

And no it's not a fire hazard, the bag collapses as it depletes so it never vaporizes.

I just think the same concept could be applied to all the unused space in the doors. For water if you want. I find it better to carry fuel there since it's lighter than water but if you're not doing anything extreme its probably ok to put water there too.

And no it's not a fire hazard, the bag collapses as it depletes so it never vaporizeI

I understand the no vapors and a collapsible bag. Is that stove fuel or car fuel? For me it is not safe at all having a military aviation background and many years flying on military aircraft, all liquid fuel stays outsdie the vehicle. To each his own who are willing to accept the risks.

Agreed, carrying fuel inside is something I will not do. To each their own.

I understand the no vapors and a collapsible bag. Is that stove fuel or car fuel? For me it is not safe at all having a military aviation background and many years flying on military aircraft, all liquid fuel stays outsdie the vehicle. To each his own who are willing to accept the risks.
No it's just regular gasoline, the doors are higher than the fuel tank so you just route tubes from the bags to the fuel tank. But you put them to the bottom of the tank so the pressure in the tank reinflates the bags.

Inside the doors is not inside the car. And the doors are way safer than the underside of the car where road debris can jump up and puncture the tank. The doors have steel tubes

This was discussed at length in the 80 forum, admittedly I've only done it to my 80, but it's basically the same thing. Everyone agreed it was a good/safe idea.

Will agree to disagree, not a safe mode of transport for me ever and per the DOT I imagine as well. Hope you never get T boned or put your 80 on it's side or roof.

With power windows in the 100, not sure I could guarantee it wouldn't pinch a bladder and start leaking.

I run a LRA 40 Gallon Aux tank where the spare tire goes on my 100 and have been on numerous rock routes in Utah including Devils racetrack and never had a issue.

Will agree to disagree, not a safe mode of transport for me ever and per the DOT I imagine as well. Hope you never get T boned or put your 80 on it's side or roof.

With power windows in the 100, not sure I could guarantee it wouldn't pinch a bladder and start leaking.

I run a LRA 40 Gallon Aux tank where the spare tire goes on my 100 and have been on numerous rock routes in Utah including Devils racetrack and never had a issue.
Obviously you don't use the windows with the bladders full

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom