Has Anybody Used Seat Fabric From This Ebay Seller? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bob, this looks darn close to my truck’s fabric that the PO had done 4 years ago in Austin. I saw it too and thought about getting a back up set of the pre made seat covers they offer, but they are $$$$

OK thanks here P. OP I have compared his new seat covers and my original faded ones in person and they are dead on. If @Cincodemustache says this fabric looks good, then I would trust him to take a chance on it, at least from a looks standpoint.

@Cincodemustache remind me who did your seat covers. We have talked about it but I don't recall the vendor now.

Thanks for the replies guys. So @Cincodemustache you think this material is spot on for factory OEM? Was it Nomad Cruisers that did your seat covers? I have looked at them, but they use SMS material. That is close to OE, but not exact. What are you referring to that was expensive? The Ebay material is pretty reasonable.

Thanks for the replies guys. So @Cincodemustache you think this material is spot on for factory OEM? Was it Nomad Cruisers that did your seat covers? I have looked at them, but they use SMS material. That is close to OE, but not exact. What are you referring to that was expensive? The Ebay material is pretty reasonable.
I’ll be back home to snap some pics of my interior Saturday. @Gretsch I’ll have to dig thru receipts Saturday as well to find the shop the PO used.
Problem is they also redid the door panels so I don’t have a stock fabric comparison other than when we met up in august.

edit - here’s a pic I found of the seat and door panel and the kids “camping”.

63038174-71A0-4922-8555-15F6F64E9640.jpeg

Just ran across this from the same company. Might be the better option as a plug and play deal.

If you look at the thread below here in Similar threads, "OEM Look Seat Covers," the guys are talking about some covers that are very accurate to OEM through Ebay. They were shipped from Venezuela. I wonder if this is the same company they are talking about at that time (2016), but now with US distribution.

Last edited:
Damn I sure wish I could find some gray OEM fabric.....

So the question is does the material from acaminvestmentllc on eBay closely match OEM? @megolfer is that material from the same supplier on eBay that I listed?

This is a great find... the fabric looks very close. I am very interested to see it against factory seats... If it is a close match I am going to stock up. I have continued to beat on the factory covers and they are wearing out

@45acp that is great. Looking forward to your photos. I am considering buying the complete front seat covers from them if the fabric looks good. Then I will sell the seat covers I have that are from Cruiser Corps.

Alright, here is the update on the fabric that's being sold on eBay. The fabric is similar on thickness to the original fabric-- upholstery quality. The color is more vibrant than the original fabric on my seats; I expect this due to fading. Not knowing our original brown seats looks when they rolled out of the factory, I would say the eBay fabric is a tad more "orange" than the fabric on my seats. The weave pattern is similar but it seems the stitching on the eBay fabric is longer and the thread thinner. The horizontal stripes are thicker on the eBay fabric.
As far as size, seems to me that one piece is enough to refurbish the two front seats, and two pieces for the back seat.

In all the pictures, original fabric on the left, eBay fabric on the right.

The last picture shows the fabric spread over the back seat for size reference. I think that to be on the safe side you will need two pieces for the back seat.

( An opinion: while the fabric is nice I don't think it matches close enough to refurbish just one seat or two. I think this is an all or nothing proposition specially if you are doing a high quality restoration. That said, I might just do the front seats as that would be an improvement in my case.)

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG
IMG_0949.JPG
IMG_0951.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom