Harrop 2650 TVS Supercharger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Moby, interesting and thanks for the feedback. It would be great if whoever has the LC with the Harrop would provide us some feedback on their progress. I will continue researching in the meantime.
Installed a harrop on my wife’s 2017 200 series, also installed around 6 or 7 more on customers 5.7 liter engines, zero issues, zero complaints, zero come backs, lots of smiles and positive feedback after installs!!! The kit is set up to only push 6.5 lbs of boost as a stage one, with a modified fuel pressure regulator and a bigger fuel pump pushing 6.5psi the computer can easily compensate for the added air, I closely monitored parameters for a period of time on my wife’s 200, now it’s just driven with no concern or worry 20k miles in and zero issues!!! As far as price, kit is about 7500, installed price is about 10k at my shop!

Installed a harrop on my wife’s 2017 200 series, also installed around 6 or 7 more on customers 5.7 liter engines, zero issues, zero complaints, zero come backs, lots of smiles and positive feedback after installs!!! The kit is set up to only push 6.5 lbs of boost as a stage one, with a modified fuel pressure regulator and a bigger fuel pump pushing 6.5psi the computer can easily compensate for the added air, I closely monitored parameters for a period of time on my wife’s 200, now it’s just driven with no concern or worry 20k miles in and zero issues!!! As far as price, kit is about 7500, installed price is about 10k at my shop!
Briano, thanks for the feedback. Where is your shop located? It looks like you’re in Colorado, and I’m in Florida. 😕 Planning to get the Harrop kit installed in the future. I would prefer to do a Stage 2, but would be happy with a Stage 1 in the interest of safety.

Briano, thanks for the feedback. Where is your shop located? It looks like you’re in Colorado, and I’m in Florida. 😕 Planning to get the Harrop kit installed in the future. I would prefer to do a Stage 2, but would be happy with a Stage 1 in the interest of safety.
Located in Gunnison Colorado, stage 2 would most definitely require tuning, all of the kits I’ve installed have been newer tundras and Landcruiser’s where tuning is not available yet.... as soon as HP releases software to tune I’ll be installing injectors and a smaller pulley on my wife’s 200 so I can experiment before doing this on a customers vehicle!!! If you decide you want a kit lol let me know I can drop ship, I used to own a shop in SW Florida years ago I could probably recommend a shop to install it and could help them if they had any technical questions! Or better yet make a trip out to Colorado, 2 day turn around on install, enjoy a nice vacation and get a supercharger!!! I can loan you a vehicle for 2 days while we have yours!

I'm assuming once installed it will require premium gas? Do you happen to know power numbers at the wheels on 6.5psi? I know it's not really a question that needs answering, but what was the hit as far as MPG?

Located in Gunnison Colorado, stage 2 would most definitely require tuning, all of the kits I’ve installed have been newer tundras and Landcruiser’s where tuning is not available yet.... as soon as HP releases software to tune I’ll be installing injectors and a smaller pulley on my wife’s 200 so I can experiment before doing this on a customers vehicle!!! If you decide you want a kit lol let me know I can drop ship, I used to own a shop in SW Florida years ago I could probably recommend a shop to install it and could help them if they had any technical questions! Or better yet make a trip out to Colorado, 2 day turn around on install, enjoy a nice vacation and get a supercharger!!! I can loan you a vehicle for 2 days while we have yours!
Ok, I really appreciate it. Once I’m ready to pull the trigger, I’ll get in touch with you. Thanks again!

I'm assuming once installed it will require premium gas? Do you happen to know power numbers at the wheels on 6.5psi? I know it's not really a question that needs answering, but what was the hit as far as MPG?
Honestly we didn't see much of a hit, most of our driving is in the mountains and the supercharger allows it to run up passes in a higher gear which is lower RPM, I am sure if you start romping on it all the time it will reflect in the mileage!!!! And yes defiantly want to be running premium, it will most likely cause a spark knock on regular fuel

How has the transmission held up? What’s the final go/trq gain?

How has the transmission held up? What’s the final go/trq gain?
Transmissions in these are bullet proof, not to say if you try to put 15lbs of boost you won’t start tearing things up, but honestly it’s a giant blower pushing a mere 6.5lbs of boost, it doesn’t by any means make this insanely fast it’s still a heavy awd suv on 35s in my case, where this thing really shines is highway and mountain driving when cruising up a 12k foot pass and I want to pass someone before the next corner I can confidently stomp on the throttle and know I will rip around them with ease now! I can say it is a huge difference over stock but I’ve never had it on a dyno, so actual #s at the wheels I don’t know, only #s I have is what harrop claims on the website

Transmissions in these are bullet proof, not to say if you try to put 15lbs of boost you won’t start tearing things up, but honestly it’s a giant blower pushing a mere 6.5lbs of boost, it doesn’t by any means make this insanely fast it’s still a heavy awd suv on 35s in my case, where this thing really shines is highway and mountain driving when cruising up a 12k foot pass and I want to pass someone before the next corner I can confidently stomp on the throttle and know I will rip around them with ease now! I can say it is a huge difference over stock but I’ve never had it on a dyno, so actual #s at the wheels I don’t know, only #s I have is what harrop claims on the website
Glad to hear the 8 speed, which weighs less than the 6 speed, holds up well.

would you say the same holds true for the 6 speed transmission? I have a 2015 LX 570 that I'm considering to supercharge with Harrop stage 1 tvs2650 kit.

Just curious to know with the added power was there better fuel economy or just more constant heavy footing? Im guessing you must use 93 octane vs 87.

Just curious to know with the added power was there better fuel economy or just more constant heavy footing? Im guessing you must use 93 octane vs 87.
High octane is definitely needed, we run 91 ethanol free, 91-93 octane should be sufficient! As far as fuel economy, we noticed next to no difference, if your heavy on the throttle fuel economy will go down, all of my wife’s driving is in the mountains, with the extra power it holds gears better and runs at a lower rpm, which helps on fuel for mountain driving!

Because I'm a bit of hoon and just got rid of my GLE63s.. I am curious what kind of 0-60 times does a supercharged 1 of these manage? It's a tempting mod to our LX.

Also how noticeable is the whinge? The old man had a TRD Hilux here in Aus which was supercharged and was always fun merging onto freeways/etc and listening to the BweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom