Harrop 2650 TVS Supercharger (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bjowett

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Who wants new connecting rods? Might be a good idea with what this thing can push...
TVS2650 Tundra Landcruiser 200 LX 570

IMG_2390.JPG

Hp rating?

How do they handle the ECU re-mapping? That seems to have been the big stumbling block with previous supercharger installations on the LC200.

Reactions: jhg
I’m also curious how they handle the ECU? Ships with plug and play tune?That’s been my prohibiting factor on ordering one as Tor Fab wants 4K for install and programming of the Magnuson.

I installed a TRD supercharger on a Tacoma some time ago. The key to getting it right was a someone smart enough to hand tweak the ECU. I would not change the starting configuration (e.g., displacement) without understanding that you are outside the box. Doable, certainly. But the number of knowledgeable resources dropped like a rock. Out beyond the signposts---I lean toward stock.

I tuned turbo'd Lexus's back in the day. Agree with the above that tuning is key and is the magic sauce that bring it together. Otherwise, it's hardware that won't work right.

In another thread, it was suggested that there are now tuners that allow flashing of Tundra ECUs. Finding a person who can tune in this method would be ideal.

Has anyone actually installed and successfully ran one of these in a LC, including proper tuning? I have a 2016 model, and I’m seriously considering this as a future mod.

Has anyone actually installed and successfully ran one of these in a LC, including proper tuning? I have a 2016 model, and I’m seriously considering this as a future mod.
SDHQ installed the Harrop SC.

So is a shop like SDHQ the only option? Are there not any turn key kits with a tune? I have previously installed turn key supercharger kits with a supplied tune on my previous vehicles.

The claim is that bigger injectors+fuel pump and stock closed loop narrow band O2s+knock sensors will make it all work without tuning. Someone on this board has installed a Harrop and has been monitoring the A/F ratio via OBDII and said it was good. But narrow band O2 really is only accurate right around the stoichiometric A/F ratio. It can't tell you very well if you are safely rich under high load. And I haven't seen before/after of how hard the knock sensor is working.

I'm not saying your engine is going to explode as soon as you turn the key, or even ever. I just haven't seen the data that would make me feel good about it. Or someone can whack in an Innovate wideband (or equivalent) and monitor directly. I've done this, it is not expensive or hard to weld in a bung (or 2 in our case, pre-cat) and it is great peace of mind when tuning to have a wideband. I'd install one regardless of the kit.

Regardless, you can still use a Unichip like the TRD supercharger did. That is a piggyback that allows pretty sophisticated signal modification for tuning. It doesn't care what supercharger you use.

Moby, interesting and thanks for the feedback. It would be great if whoever has the LC with the Harrop would provide us some feedback on their progress. I will continue researching in the meantime.

And just to be clear I am not trying to bash that install in any way. They obviously have direct knowledge of this set up and I do not, so I am uneducated specifically other than reading the Harrop website. Take my comments as general thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom