Hardtop Installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is, I'm in the middle of a hardtop rebuild as well. I've heard CCOT's is crap, SOR as usual is good, but $350 for the hardtop seal kit.
Edit: oops, my bad I thought you were referring to the seal between the fiberglass shell and the sides of the hard top. :doh:
I bought SOR's hardtop reinstallation kist (bolts, rubber seals) and was very satisfied, when I tool the top back off, all the rubber was still supple, and is waiting to be reinstalled once it gets cold enough down here. (80 degrees in NOVEMBER!) It was not $350, more like $150 IIRC.

i used this foam gasket stuff that we use to seal roof top hvac units to there curbs. works pretty good and comes in different widths and thicknesses

CCOT's product is overpriced crap. Go to the autoparts store and get the adhesive foam that is used between toppers and pick-up beds. It's the same stuff that CCOT sells for $20.

The problem with the foam sticky stuff is if you take off the hard top you have to scrape it off. The oem seal is rubber that you can reuse. Can't remember where I got it, but that is what I am going to go with this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom