Hard top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1978 fj 40 I've been running topless for several years. I park it in a garage and enjoy the sunshine whenever I can. I've converted it to a fold down tail gate from an earlier model. Any suggestiions on putting a hard top back on? Will an earlier model hartop with the flip up rear window fit this 78? Anybody have one they want to sell?

This thread has all the info you're looking for...
https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-seri...ling-81-hardtop-onto-my-74-keeping-hatch.html

Some key points:
Hatch can work with newer sides. Older sides will work with newer tub. The metal piece across the front of an older top of the front of the windshield can be modified to work with a newer windshield frame... But the spacing is about 1/4" different.

You'll either need to mix, match, and modify... Or buy an aftermarket aluminum hatch from Aqualu or similar.

The next big question is where are you... Shipping can kill deals quickly. For that matter I've seen one advertised in these parts, but if you live on the east coast it's worthless to you.

What's wrong with a later model top with the ambi doors? Correct holes still there for the hinges?

Take it off when it warms up and slap the tailgate back on!

top FS

I have a fiberglass hard top with rear panels and ambulance doors FS.

Comes with fiberglass hard top piece (no headliner), side panels and ambulance doors with hinges.

I am not selling the driver/passenger doors.

I also have a 1 piece tail gate that was never used from CCOT which is also for sale.

Located South of Houston.
Accepting reasonable offers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom