1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

harbor freight blast cabinet customize

Discussion in 'Tools and Fabrication' started by 2fpower, Feb 26, 2018.

1. 2fpower

2fpower

So, I have had a harbor freight blast cabinet for many years now. Has worked great, but time to make it better beacuse the 36" width has limited what I can do. I love the SKAT or grizzly larger units; however, at over $1k, not willing to do that.

So here is what I have, basically $160 investment.

upload_2018-2-26_12-16-38.jpeg

First off will be adding more LED lights in it. There are so many options that is an easy change.

The bigger change, and why I am posting is to make it bigger. Looking to add to one side, maybe removable piece so I can do longer pieces. Will have to rotate it to do the other side, but that is fine. Here is what I found on the interwebz... I do like the wheels on this one.
    Blast Cabinet and extension 002.jpg

I am thinking something smaller, but not this small. Key will to make it removable to keep the size down.

[​IMG]

Anyone have suggestions?

2. bigredmachine

bigredmachine

I wonder if you could get a second cabinet and make one big cab out of both, taking the sides off the the ends that would be put together.

2fpower likes this.
  3. 2fpower

2fpower

I thought about that, however you would have to put a solid bottom on one side so all your material does not collect on the other side.

4. PAToyota

PAToyota Keystone Cruisers SILVER Star

It would probably be easier to leave it as-is, empty the media from the unused side, and dump it back over on the other side than try to wipe media off a flat bottom all the time.

5. bigredmachine

bigredmachine

could use a flat sheep of metal to make a bottom and have it angled to one end for the media to collect in

2fpower likes this.