HAMOM - October 27th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bama4door

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Help a Member Out Month - October 27th

Dixieland Cruisers will have our first HAMOM meeting next Saturday, October 27th @ 8am. Bring your cruiser, parts/modifications, family, and favorite beverage(s). No matter if you have zero wrenching skills or are a certified cruiserhead mechanic like @Land Speeder, we are getting together to help each other out with maintenance or a project you would like help on. The project might be something you're comfortable doing yourself, or it might be a more difficult or larger project where you need more people to help get the job done or have another set of eyes.

If you are in the Greater Birmingham area, come by and lend a hand, point and laugh, or just hang out with fellow crusierheads.

Please post up if you would like to join, and what kind of projects you would like to knock out. I will put together a list below.

1. @Land Speeder - ARB locker install, turd polishing (fjz80)
2. @booradley - front/rear diff oil, tcase oil (100 series)
3. @Jackson Tate - heater T's, change AHC fluid (100 series)

Location: Eric Hagan's House, 20 seconds off Morgan Rd exit 6 on I-459.
3728 Canaan Drive
Bessemer, AL 35022

Last edited:
3728 Canaan Drive
Bessemer, AL 35022

You will be turning on a tiny side street and think you’re in a dead street. You aren’t. It snakes around the power sub station and there are 9 houses back there.
Everyone come on out! Plenty of parking! And heckling, and finger pointing, and laughing. But plenty of helping each other too! No shortage of folks to help!

Hopefully I can come by. I'm in no hurry to do anything on the truck( except "warsh" it) . But happy to get hands dirty.

Saturday is shaping up to be an AWESOME day of wrenching!
Everyone come on out even if you don't have anything to fix... I have a Basketball "pop a shot" and a ping pong table in the game room and there is plenty of room in the fridge for your favorite beverage to sip on! So bring whatever!
If the weather is chilly I'll pull out the Land Cruiser firepit and burn some dead wood!

The more tools you bring for yourself, the better we will be. I DO have tools to share though. But bring whatever you think folks will need!

I have:
floor jack
bottle jacks
jack stands
drill press
vice
angle grinders
sawzalls
drill
54mm hub socket
Toyota SST's
plenty of wrenches Metric and SAE
pry bars and breaker bars
oil pans
5 gallon pickle buckets

ALSO... plan on draining your old oil on a stump or two in my yard! I'm burning some stumps and need the oil poured on them to burn them.... so don't worry with trying to figure out how to transport old oil! I gotchu!

Any special requests then please let me know ahead of time and I'll do whatever I can do to accomodate!

This is gonna be an awesome time!

I've got my big food plot planting weekend on the 27th at my farm to get ready for deer season. hate I cant make it but will be at the next one.

I plan to make it. Lots to do but plan to focus on brakes. Bringing a new MC and extended brake lines.

Possible steering box swap if the rebuilt comes back this week.

Do you have air compressor @Land Speeder ? If so, I will bring xtra air tools and hose.

Fall is HERE and as such, it slipped my mind that this work party day is scheduled on the Saturday before Halloween!!!!
It’s all good though, the evening party I’m going to doesn’t start until 8PM in Chelsea. Love me an adult Halloween Party!

My locker installation is too big of an ordeal and would take up all my resources, so I doubt I will be diving into those this Saturday. I will likely back the buggy out of the carport and let that spot be someone else’s. That will free me up to jump around pods, help where needed, heckle where appropriate, and hug if you’re cute (womin only).

@Bama4door the Aussie locker should be available Saturday. I may pull that dif this week, put my spare in there and let you install the Aussie Locker from the pulled dif.

Fall is HERE and as such, it slipped my mind that this work party day is scheduled on the Saturday before Halloween!!!!
It’s all good though, the evening party I’m going to doesn’t start until 8PM in Chelsea. Love me an adult Halloween Party!

My locker installation is too big of an ordeal and would take up all my resources, so I doubt I will be diving into those this Saturday. I will likely back the buggy out of the carport and let that spot be someone else’s. That will free me up to jump around pods, help where needed, heckle where appropriate, and hug if you’re cute (womin only).

@Bama4door the Aussie locker should be available Saturday. I may pull that dif this week, put my spare in there and let you install the Aussie Locker from the pulled dif.
That sounds good to me, thanks Eric!

Looking forward to this Saturday. Should I bring over my charcoal grill to cook some burgers and dogs on??

That sounds good to me, thanks Eric!

Looking forward to this Saturday. Should I bring over my charcoal grill to cook some burgers and dogs on??

I still can’t eat dry food very well, so I’m prolly out on the burgers & dogs.
...unless you got the new Conecuh hotdogs! I been jonesen to try them things!
You gonna busy installing an Aussie Locker hopefully!

I still can’t eat dry food very well, so I’m prolly out on the burgers & dogs.
...unless you got the new Conecuh hotdogs! I been jonesen to try them things!
You gonna busy installing an Aussie Locker hopefully!
Dang I forgot about that! I may pass on the grill, that does sound like a lot to do in a morning haha.

This rain through the evening, Friday and into Saturday... STINKS!!!!
But it ain't gotta stop the party! Ya'll can even park in the yard still... I just can't STAND wet and outside. Makes my shunt hurt...

I'm going to try to make it over after soccer in the morning. If I can make it, I'll bring Techstream for anyone who wants to use it along with a couple of Trail Tailor recovery points and new hardware I'd like to install. Eric - thanks for volunteering space for this!

It’s cold, but I’ve gotten moving and I’m about to shed a layer, maybe two!
Coffee is ready, bottled water ready, fire pit is lit!!! Come on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom