Ham Radio Installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone completed an install in there 100? I have a 2000 and looking to install a 2m mobile in the truck. Any suggestions and Pics?

I put the Yaesu ft-1802 in my center console. The antenna was on a mag mount on the roof, has since moved to the front bumper. I know it's not very efficient but seems to work for now.

DSC00424.JPG

DSC00426.JPG
DSC00424.JPG
DSC00426.JPG

I'm going to go with the ICOM 208H...it has the smallest remote head of any 2M radios...I'm going to mount it right between the shifter and the ash tray.

Ben, Looks good. Did you remove the cover or run with it open? Spressomon, I'll have to check the 208h out it may be just what I'm looking for. Thanks for the feedback.

Ben, Looks good. Did you remove the cover or run with it open? Spressomon, I'll have to check the 208h out it may be just what I'm looking for. Thanks for the feedback.

FYI: The IC-208H has gotten very good user reviews (be careful of the IC-2720 though). The only potential downside is that it will not display dual bands simultaneously (you need to toggle between the two bands) even though it is a dual band radio; and PC programming is not possible AFAIK. But it's very small form factor, for the remote head, make it ideal for me...

I'm going to go with the ICOM 208H...it has the smallest remote head of any 2M radios...I'm going to mount it right between the shifter and the ash tray.

I'm looking at the Yaesu FT8900R. One of the few multiband mobiles which include 2M/70CM.
Kind of pricey though.
My plan is to replace the stock double DIN CD/cassette deck with a single DIN CD deck and the HAM radio.

haha, wait....the wife will let you do that? What you should get is a single din DVD nav flipout touch screen and the HAM radio. It would fit the 100 a little better ;)

I'm looking at the Yaesu FT8900R. One of the few multiband mobiles which include 2M/70CM.
Kind of pricey though.
My plan is to replace the stock double DIN CD/cassette deck with a single DIN CD deck and the HAM radio.

Yeah...I like the features of the 8800/8900 if only the head unit was as compact as the 208H; compromising is a beech;) . I'm going to mount the radio body behind the DS 2nd row seat attached to the AO drawer frame...should be good ventilation there also.

haha, wait....the wife will let you do that? What you should get is a single din DVD nav flipout touch screen and the HAM radio. It would fit the 100 a little better ;)
I'll be lucky to pull off a Ham radio and a cheap CD Deck purchase at the same time.

Took the plunge and bought the FT-8800r. The alpha-numeric labeling and the one touch hyper memory where two things the Icom didn't have.

Now to decide where to mount this thing. Any last minute suggestions?

My install. Placed a Ram ball at the bottom of the little cubby pocket.

DF0FB571-570F-4E49-8133-9EB1A977B606.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom