HAM radio information thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Passed my test last Saturday. Unsure if I will go vanity call sign, but for now I am KE0PSF.
nice job... i just got my tech license 2 weeks ago in woodland park my call sign is KE0PSG
must have gotten entered into the data base pretty close to each other

Getting my HAM license is definitely on the to-do list... but for now I’ve been hitting trails solo mostly and have never done a trail run with others in the community. Once I start doing that, I’ll move HAM to the top of the list.

Picked myself up a GAP Titan vertical HF antenna today. Super excited about that. Scored this nearly $500 antenna for $50 on Facebook Marketplace. This will be in compliment to my Yaesu FT-450d, and cover the bands from 10m-80m. This thing is 25 feet tall. Lol. My neighbors are going to be super excited when I put it on top of the house.
It did take a Fall off of another guy’s house, but for the price, I’ll be happy to fix a couple upright standoffs. No biggie. Way easier to maintain than the 5 band fan dipole I built to put up. Never did get the fan dipole put up because I needed to build tilt over poles, and dig in caissons to hold up the ends. Plus, fan dipoles require a lot of maintenance.
Crazy ham radio people... :D
CF3400EB-1ED3-412F-833E-4E3C1E06D6DC.png

76279DB0-A575-4E4A-93A1-587466025E2B.jpeg

6FC29806-0439-489B-9F2B-734E65777FC5.png

Last edited:
Sweet! Nice score for sure.

For someone thinking about getting a HAM Radio, you must get a FCC license before you can transmit on the HAM bands. The first step is to get your Technician license. I want to give anyone contemplating getting a HAM radio license some resources that I have found helpful when I teach HAM Radio Classes. There are many ways to study. You can buy a book and do self study, with the internet available you can attend a class, watch YouTube videos and take practice tests on online and for free. If you have any questions don't be shy, just send me a message and I will answer all of your questions and help you get started.

Attachments

• David Molter AD0QD Resources.pdf
    84.9 KB · Views: 153
  • Technician Study Guide.pdf
    115.3 KB · Views: 90

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom