HAHAHHA. My wife's analogy on 2.5" vs. 4" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's your toy right? I always say that you like to date the rough around the edges girls because they are a whole lot of fun but marry a good girl. I say go with the 4" hooker and have some fun! Do you wheel the truck? What lift and tires are the people you wheel with running? If you wheel with guys that run 35's and 4" lifts then go ahead and do it once with the 4". Ask me how I know. Good luck.

Later,

This started as a 4.5" but with a bull bar, winch(added a few days after pic) and removing a leaf in the rear to save my kidneys, it is now about 3.5" to 4 and rides fine. I went with a 2.5 OME first and swapped in in less than 2 weeks.
IMG_3504.jpg

Thats funny but I have to tell you the stock lift from Toyota is the Bride......anything lifted above that starts to get into the hoochie territory.....:)

Last edited:
Isn't there a saying that the perfect wife is an angel in the kitchen and a hooker in the bedroom?

I'd go with no lift and SOA.

I'm having the same debate.....absolutley love the smooth ride of my sagging springs on the 76. Going to 33's....cool piece of logic came my way....less arc on the 2.5" than the 4" so flatter spring...should be smoother ride. I'm leaning that way since I have 2.5" over shackles already and get rubbing only on severe articulation w/32's right now. Close the door to the garage and put the cfm's on mamma!

I clicked here just for grins, but I'll weigh in on my lift...

4" SUA Downey (or Mark's Off Road - I found out too late) lift w/ 33's

Flipped the rear spring pack for about 4" more wheelbase.

I have to take my roof rack off and air down to fit in the garage to ake my top off.

My driveway up to the garage has a slight slope - this complicates the geometry.

Great analogy BBQ! How about cutting the difference and getting custom alcan 3.25" lift? I'll be in the same boat once my 31's wear out and I keep going back and forth on which one I favor. I like the stock look but I want the best all around off road performance for those times I do make it out which isn't near enough now since its my daily driver and I don't have a backup vehicle if I break it but I plan on running it harder in the future. I wouldn't worry about resale value, as straightjacket mentioned you're never going to sell it, thats just something we tell our wives so we can keep increasing the resale value. Good luck and post up pics when you finally go forward with the project.

Sweet tea. The Southern wine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom