Had a house fire, how much heat can a 22re block handle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EGTs on a 22RET can be upwards of 1000-1200 degrees.

Was just the block expose to the fire or the whole engine? What kine/size of fire? basic wood fire or meth-lab explosion type fire?

With a full-blown to-the-ground house fire, you never know the temps created and what could be weakened on the block. Best to get a new block, used 22RE probably ain't gonna be that expensive:meh:

Last edited:
come on DUDE, run that thing and post up some good tech! And maybe you'll have better luck back there finding a used running 22RE than I've had out here for the last year. I'm just about ready to just slap a cleaned up head on the tired ol block just to get it back on the road...

Sorry so long getting back, also trying to get a new house, it was not meth lab explosion but my oxy acetaline torch and spare tanks did explode, and about 10,000+or - rounds of ammo, and the room above collapsed into the garage in 10 minutes, I had three blocks the one on the stand is the only one that survived, I found one piston inside of the cylinder of one of the other blocks and that is it, I had parts out the ass, that are gone.

man, that stinks!. So are you gunna run it? I just ordered a cam and gaskets from Ted to get my ol 94 going again. I't's been setting for a year since the head grew bigger water jacket ports...:doh:. maybe the 2 of us can piece these things back together for a few more miles, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom