H150F and HF1A Rebuild Common Wear Points (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone,

I'm about to have a go at rebuilding a H150F & HF1A. I have a 2003 HDJ79 with 470,000kms, the gearbox is making a noise from the input shaft at idle when cold and the transfer is making quite the noise when put in neutral with the gearbox in gear at idle. Raising the RPM above 900 will make either noise go away. Other than that it shifts ok and no noises while driving in any condition. Either way to put my mind at ease I would like to have a go at rebuilding one these just to learn this sort of thing.

I looked into getting a H152F and swapping the input shaft but after some thought I think the H150F does just fine.

My question is, what are the common wear points on the gearbox and transfer?

I plan on replacing the input shaft, all seals, bearings, synchros and all the other cheap little things at a minimum but don't know what to expect to replace in terms of the other noises I'm hearing - especially from the transfer case when its in neutral. I can post a video of the noise from the transfer if requested. As it is my first rebuild I will try to find another working box and start from there and slowly chip away at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom