H & 2H injection pumps

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by s79bj40, Jun 30, 2005.

1. s79bj40

s79bj40

can anyone tell me if an injection pump from a H will bolt straight onto a 2H engine?

I need a rebuild on the injection pump and it may turn out cheaper buying an entire car. there is a Hj40 i'm looking at (ex petrol) along with a hj60 etc, but i'm not sure which model i should be looking for.

cheers
    Sam

2. dieseldog

dieseldog She idles just fine . . .

No, I don't believe they will. The H injection pump is actually much different--one of the major ways is that it has a separate lubrication reservoir and dipstick.

The HJ-60 would have a 2H, of course; however, with the repowered HJ-40, there is no way of knowing until you go look at it. Someone could have stuffed an H diesel into an old 40.

3. s79bj40

s79bj40

yeah, its an Fj40 with an H engine dumped in. I need a few bits though, including an older model t/case for a '79, a gearbox that will fit a 2H and of course an injection pump. The engine in the 40 runs great, pity, and the entire car runs well, and seeing as its only a little bit more expensive than reconditioning my 2H pump, it would have been nice.

can you tell me if a late model split t case off a 4speed Hj60 will bolt to a 4speed with the early t/case?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.