H & 2H injection pumps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
can anyone tell me if an injection pump from a H will bolt straight onto a 2H engine?

I need a rebuild on the injection pump and it may turn out cheaper buying an entire car. there is a Hj40 i'm looking at (ex petrol) along with a hj60 etc, but i'm not sure which model i should be looking for.

cheers
Sam

No, I don't believe they will. The H injection pump is actually much different--one of the major ways is that it has a separate lubrication reservoir and dipstick.

The HJ-60 would have a 2H, of course; however, with the repowered HJ-40, there is no way of knowing until you go look at it. Someone could have stuffed an H diesel into an old 40.

yeah, its an Fj40 with an H engine dumped in. I need a few bits though, including an older model t/case for a '79, a gearbox that will fit a 2H and of course an injection pump. The engine in the 40 runs great, pity, and the entire car runs well, and seeing as its only a little bit more expensive than reconditioning my 2H pump, it would have been nice.

can you tell me if a late model split t case off a 4speed Hj60 will bolt to a 4speed with the early t/case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom