GX550 & LC250 Tracking Thread (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone else get a call today? my salesman called to let me know they had received 4 allocations today, only 1 OT+. Sent a spec sheet showing what to expect with the OT+ builds. Not my allocation, but I’m near the top of list.
Nice!

can you share the spec sheet for the OT+? Gives us an idea on how much crap they're adding to the base..I can only imagine it have everything and then some.

dealer texted me yesterday indicating they have "preferenced" an OT+ incognito matching my "wants" and hope to get an allocation next week.
Lucky you! What dealer did you go through?

With two Lexus dealerships (odd we have two for such a small city), they have their build sheets but no firm conformations on allocations :(

A few inbound in Southern CA, I was on the list but am pulling out for now. I will wait a few years...

Screenshot 2024-03-01 230434.png

Holy crap...that's insane!

I'm hoping to get my hand on some physical build sheets in the next few days, but I've been informed that these are completely loaded with almost every option realistically possible. So, I'm guessing anywhere from 5-10k+ of options? Is it too late to rethink the LX (or at this rate, a RaptorR).

I remember when houses used to cost as much as they are asking. But seriously, compared to a 2021 Heritage Edition at the same price or less, this is a bait and switch.

Don't condemn the whole model because dealers are marking up an extremely limited special edition run. The First Editions are already horribly marked up even at sticker price.

Got the call from my dealer today that my new First Edition is in the port of Newark. Hopefully delivery within the next week or two. Paying MSRP and no dealer add ons. This is a very small New England Toyota dealer and they expect to only get 2 or 3 this year.

Got the call from my dealer today that my new First Edition is in the port of Newark. Hopefully delivery within the next week or two. Paying MSRP and no dealer add ons. This is a very small New England Toyota dealer and they expect to only get 2 or 3 this year.
Hopefully your dealer is right but I’d be surprised if these hit the dealers before the press circus gets their hands on them.

Buyer beware at the stealerships. Perhaps they think this will be the only model with decent sales this year? That, combined with a devoted customer base leads to a dealer floating these “adjustments.” Someone will pay it out there, just like the folks who bought HEs in the ‘last’ year and paid top dollar. Mr T knew it was coming back when they discontinued the LC in the US, creating more demand both in 2021 and for the reintroduction in 2024. New car inventories are way up; average prices are down from the cheap money and supply hysteria of the last few years.

If you think dealers are corrupt Stateside, Bestcarsweb.jp reports that in Japan the new Landcruiser 70 series has yet to be released but the first two years of production has already been spoken for and new orders have been suspended. Because of this demand dealers in Japan are making lease contracts mandatory. You can’t buy a 70 series. The logic is that Toyota and dealers do not want brokers buying the cars for resale. So no sales.

(Now if a 70 series has a useful life of 30 years, that means 10 3 year leases plus residual value for the dealer. That’s a whole lot better than standard sales margin and a measly market adjustment fee.)

“You will own no 70 series, and you will be happy!”

If you think dealers are corrupt Stateside, Bestcarsweb.jp reports that in Japan the new Landcruiser 70 series has yet to be released but the first two years of production has already been spoken for and new orders have been suspended. Because of this demand dealers in Japan are making lease contracts mandatory. You can’t buy a 70 series. The logic is that Toyota and dealers do not want brokers buying the cars for resale. So no sales.

(Now if a 70 series has a useful life of 30 years, that means 10 3 year leases plus residual value for the dealer. That’s a whole lot better than standard sales margin and a measly market adjustment fee.)

“You will own no 70 series, and you will be happy!”
Sounds like the exact same play they used for the LF-A when it first came out...lease only. This is a seriously ****ed up market!

Looks like they will be hitting the lots next month for you folks in the CenTex/Gulf Coast region!

Build sheets are fully loaded!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom