GX460 Tesla Style Radio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This newer unit is cleaner IMO and like you id like to retain my ML with all functions. Thanks for sharing; I would be interested in it.

This newer unit is cleaner IMO and like you id like to retain my ML with all functions. Thanks for sharing; I would be interested in it.

Reactions: r2m
Agreed, GreenbowCounty.
But what I'd opt most for would be a simple Android (and/or Apple for the rest of you all) phone mirror product/software/hardware product.
Just a simple dongle or something that I can see the same thing on the dash screen as on my phone that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars and is easily reversible!
I'm thinking something cheap and simple like an OBDII dongle (I know it won't work in that socket, but something along those lines.)
For crying out loud, most all TV's can mirror a phone in a matter of seconds! What's the big techno hangup??
Don't need virtual knobs, switches and controls for all my HVAC/radio/etc... settings and a 17" screen blaring at me while driving at night.
I really don't mind the ergonomics of how it's all laid out
But my opinion is like a belly button, everyone has one and the above comment is just the belly button fuzz coming out...

Agreed, GreenbowCounty.
But what I'd opt most for would be a simple Android (and/or Apple for the rest of you all) phone mirror product/software/hardware product.
Just a simple dongle or something that I can see the same thing on the dash screen as on my phone that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars and is easily reversible!
I'm thinking something cheap and simple like an OBDII dongle (I know it won't work in that socket, but something along those lines.)
For crying out loud, most all TV's can mirror a phone in a matter of seconds! What's the big techno hangup??
Don't need virtual knobs, switches and controls for all my HVAC/radio/etc... settings and a 17" screen blaring at me while driving at night.
I really don't mind the ergonomics of how it's all laid out
But my opinion is like a belly button, everyone has one and the above comment is just the belly button fuzz coming out...

Lol, :D love that Apple dig there especially since I fall into that 'rest of you all' :rofl:

I would love something like that. As much as I love the GX it is a bit of a let down to see that technology between my 11 and a 19 is minimal at best. Toyota definitely subscribes to the, 'if it ain't broke camp' lol. Glad they've got Apple Carplay on a lot of Toyotas but even now and please correct me if I'm wrong somebody, but Apple Carplay is not available for the GX is it??

Lastly, @r2m please keep this on topic. No need for belly button fuzz imagery :cautious:;)

• Haha
Unfortunate this wasn't available in North America since as far back as 2010 ...Eurasian 460s had Mirrorlink and this Google Sync function

screen_shot_2019_11_28_at_7_16_12_am_71cc4f3a13ce5381aaafe67aeccdfcae5e719f20.png

Unfortunate this wasn't available in North America since as far back as 2010 ...Eurasian 460s had Mirrorlink and this Google Sync function

screen_shot_2019_11_28_at_7_16_12_am_71cc4f3a13ce5381aaafe67aeccdfcae5e719f20.png
Unbelievable. Just :censor: unbelievable...

That's what I'm talking about! Wonder if it can display other APP screens, like music apps?

I have a 2011 Lexus GX460 with Nav. I installed a PX6 today without issue, except for that damn airbag light issue. I spent hours reading to find solutions. I could not find a photo of the “chip” installed. Only semi-confusing diagrams. I couldn’t tell which end the diagram it was showing. So I wanted to share a photo of mine after I finally got it working.
I just cut the orange and purple wires. Leave the red one connected because it supplies 12 volts. The orange and purple wires go into the empty blue wire connector. Notice that when its connected correctly, the little LEDs light up. Im going to hard wire them with some t-connectors, but this for sure fixed my airbag light from coming on. This is obviously only for the 2011 GX460. If you have a different year, you will need to connect similar wires, but not exactly like this.

8282D901-BFBC-4844-A9D9-C2670B2AE816.jpeg

FEB85154-FF1F-46F0-95E4-8BF93E31BDEA.jpeg

I have a 2011 Lexus GX460 with Nav. I installed a PX6 today without issue, except for that damn airbag light issue. I spent hours reading to find solutions. I could not find a photo of the “chip” installed. Only semi-confusing diagrams. I couldn’t tell which end the diagram it was showing. So I wanted to share a photo of mine after I finally got it working.
I just cut the orange and purple wires. Leave the red one connected because it supplies 12 volts. The orange and purple wires go into the empty blue wire connector. Notice that when its connected correctly, the little LEDs light up. Im going to hard wire them with some t-connectors, but this for sure fixed my airbag light from coming on. This is obviously only for the 2011 GX460. If you have a different year, you will need to connect similar wires, but not exactly like this.

View attachment 2748993

View attachment 2748994
Question: does your air bag light still work properly or is it disabled?

Question: does your air bag light still work properly or is it disabled?
It works properly. The reason it flags an error is because on the stock radio, there is a little “passenger airbag” light that the car looks for. When it can’t detect that LED it sets off the airbag light. That little chip or dongle is just a LED that simulates the stock radios airbag LED.

So I got this Android tablet radio from Rhino Radios. Installed it today, looks nice, definitely an improvement to the stock system. I also got the 360 degree camera option but will have that installed by someone with experience, I have never installed a radio before and these come with NO instructions. I have contacted Rhino Radio and they are slow to respond and mostly do not respond at all. They sent me a link to an install video of a LX570...Not the same harnesses or wiring from what I saw in the video and what I had to deal with, basically just seeing what connectors fit together...It was a real pain to install!

Oh and my airbag warning is now on the dash so I will be contacting Rhino Radios about this and hope to even get a response. It came with a Canbus but is labeled 360, so guessing it is for the 360 degrees camera I got with it but without instructions who knows.

Here are some pics for those who are interested in going this route as well.

View attachment 2134935
View attachment 2134940
View attachment 2134942
View attachment 2134943
So I got this Android tablet radio from Rhino Radios. Installed it today, looks nice, definitely an improvement to the stock system. I also got the 360 degree camera option but will have that installed by someone with experience, I have never installed a radio before and these come with NO instructions. I have contacted Rhino Radio and they are slow to respond and mostly do not respond at all. They sent me a link to an install video of a LX570...Not the same harnesses or wiring from what I saw in the video and what I had to deal with, basically just seeing what connectors fit together...It was a real pain to install!

Oh and my airbag warning is now on the dash so I will be contacting Rhino Radios about this and hope to even get a response. It came with a Canbus but is labeled 360, so guessing it is for the 360 degrees camera I got with it but without instructions who knows.

View attachment 2134935
View attachment 2134940
View attachment 2134942
View attachment 2134943

View attachment 2134935
View attachment 2134940
View attachment 2134942
View attachment 2134943
Good day happy new year! Any link you could share to order the resistor unit

View attachment 2748993

View attachment 2748994
So, since you've had the PX6 installed for over a year, how do you like it? I'm about done with this Grom VLine s***. I don't daily my GX and it still drives me nuts that almost every damn time I get in the truck I have to reboot the Grom unit or it will lock up and then I have to either shut off / restart the truck or I have to unplug the main power supply to the Grom unit to hard reboot it. :mad:

So, since you've had the PX6 installed for over a year, how do you like it? I'm about done with this Grom VLine s***. I don't daily my GX and it still drives me nuts that almost every damn time I get in the truck I have to reboot the Grom unit or it will lock up and then I have to either shut off / restart the truck or I have to unplug the main power supply to the Grom unit to hard reboot it. :mad:
I suspected it doesn't like heat despite what GROM told me. It gets super hot so stuffing it behind the radio, in the center console or in the glovebox doesn't help.

I suspected it doesn't like heat despite what GROM told me. It gets super hot so stuffing it behind the radio, in the center console or in the glovebox doesn't help.
I've never noticed the unit getting hot in the glove box but maybe so. I just think that a carplay solution for $500 should work properly more than 50% of the time. :bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom